• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will be interesting to see who bowls the first dozen or so overs for England. You'd surely want to give Stokes a little go with it. But you could say the same with most of the bowlers.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very good day that, brilliant from Stokes today. Would expect us to win this from here but no guarantee given our average spin attack. Shakib needed to do something with the ball to make up for that dismissal and he did which just about keeps them in it.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Scrape that lead to 300 tomorrow and I'll rest easier. Great day for Stokes. Except I'm greedy for hundys.

Bahseph

State Captain
Bangladeshi fans , I know Mustifizur is out injured and so is Shahid , but are these really Bangladesh's best seamers?

What happened to Islam? (I think that's his name). I remember watching him a few years back and he looked like a wicket taker in tests. And is Mortaza retired from Test cricket?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Bangladeshi fans , I know Mustifizur is out injured and so is Shahid , but are these really Bangladesh's best seamers?

What happened to Islam? (I think that's his name). I remember watching him a few years back and he looked like a wicket taker in tests. And is Mortaza retired from Test cricket?
Mortaza is retired from tests because his knees can't handle it. Shafiul Islam is playing.

Taskin Ahmed isn't fit enough after returning from injury apparently, but he and Mustfizur would be their first choice attack.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
So if seamers were going to bowl so less overs then why not let taskin bowl few than carrying these passengers? No clue whatsoever. After playing all these matches in Ctg, they should have known it's always going to be spinners bowling majority than requiring any workhorse seamer

Daemon

I think he was referring to Robiul and that series against Zimbabwe. Can't recall anything he did besides that tbf.

flibbertyjibber

Presumably they thought the seamers would bowl more than they have, given the workload of the Bangladesh ones they could have played him without too much worry anyway. Even if they needed him they could have a set plan of 3 or 4 over spells in each session to manage him.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Presumably they thought the seamers would bowl more than they have, given the workload of the Bangladesh ones they could have played him without too much worry anyway. Even if they needed him they could have a set plan of 3 or 4 over spells in each session to manage him.
Yeah this is clearly the case, no one expected the track to become what it did.

Stace

First Class Debutant
Very good day that, brilliant from Stokes today. Would expect us to win this from here but no guarantee given our average spin attack. Shakib needed to do something with the ball to make up for that dismissal and he did which just about keeps them in it.
Do you think if Stokes had been fit to play the whole series against PAK England would have won the series and be ranked no.1 Test side right now?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Last edited: