• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England 'A' in CWLand

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Thanks so much for the opportunity. Over the moon with those first-innings wickets, and quite clearly my poor second-innings bowling was due to my tiredness from quite possibly the best 25 off 64 ever. No boundaries. :D

Big win, our batsmen were superb and all the bowlers kicked in. Great team effort, good luck in the one-dayers. :)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
C'mon the young lads, give 'em Hell.

A little disappointed not to be selected but Im not the best OD player and the disappointment comes from the honour of representing your country at any level and not from disrespect for the guys involved.

Congrats to all selected and good luck.

bryce

International Regular
Reasonably happy to be returning from Australia & joining the 'A' team for the OD leg of the series. Here's hoping I can get to bowl a few overs & CW 'A' can send the poms packing.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
tbh only just realised i was selected in the A team at all. Reason was that I didn't think that I'd get a crack at representative FC cricket again. But thankfully I got a go. Unfortunate to lose the series but happy to play in the squads only test match success of the tournament. It was good to go close to the hundgie as well

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, chuffed to skipper the Under 19's. Looks like a strong side and hopefully we can kick the Poms while they're down.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web U-19 v England A

Cricket Web Under-19s v England A
at Goffmouth Park

The England A team were truly shown up at Goffmouth, as a Cricket Web youth team exposed all England's problems in the one-day game. Toothless, inaccurate bowling was punished by four brutal batsmen, and the batsmen were out to injudicious shotmaking. Not to take anything away from the U-19s, however, who performed stunningly. Thamba Mamesh had seemingly forgotten his woeful one-day season, playing a wonderful if restrained innings of 74, and putting on a stand of 173 with Shan Jasotharan for the first wicket. When Saj Mahmood and Stuart Broad managed to get their breakthroughs, the U-19s threw more at them - with Matt Pitt hitting a 33-ball 48 without a single boundary, due to Vikram Solanki having seven men on the ropes at times.

When England A batted, it was a different story. Although the bowling was taken for runs, Rob Key in particular couldn't score quickly enough, and when his batting partner Alastair Cook inside edged a slower ball from Colin Benjamin, a rot began. Solanki and Loudon tried to rescue the innings with a gritty stand, but it was broken when Solanki slogged to Ben Vaughan at midwicket, and Callum McKern sliced through the lower order to leave Chris Read and Jon Lewis to hit 38 for the win in the last two overs. Though Lewis tried, taking 13 (including two byes) off the five balls he faced off Rich Edmunds, they needed 24 off the last over, and Callum McKern ensured that wouldn't happen by bowling a varied last over that went for four.

Cricket Web U-19 276 for 2 (50 overs)
England A 257 for 9 (50 overs)
Cricket Web U-19 won by 19 runs
Man of the Match: Shan Jasotharan

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I knew these guys were worth risking a tenner on.

Great win and I can now treat the family to a slap up dinner with the winnings.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Just a reminder to the captains et al about the schedule, which has changed from the FC games:

Code:
May 16	CW Colts v England A			1-day		Goffmouth Park
May 17	CW Black v England A			1-day		Pickford Reserve
May 19	CW A v England A			1-day		PDV Dome
May 20	CW Blue v England A			1-day		PDV Dome
May 21	CW Red v England A			1-day	 	CW Oval
May 22	CW A v England A			1-day		CW Oval
May 24	CW Green v England A			1-day		CWBCC Stadium
May 25	CW A v England A			1-day		CWBCC Stadium
Since no Colts team has been named, I'm going to wait for 12 hours to sim that, and then come back to the schedule by simming the Black v Eng A game in the late hours.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Colts OD Team to face CW A

Jasotharan
Pitt
Das*
Bharat
Nayak
Burke+
Fensome
Bowman
Weber
Comley
McKern

If there is anything Towns or Wright would like to change, just let me know. Well done to Das on receiving the captaincy (a decision made solely by me :ph34r: ).

EDIT: Note that Burke is keeping, forgot to put the "+" there.

Last edited: