• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England 'A' in CWLand

cricketboy29

International Regular
vic_orthdox said:
Jasotharan
Pitt
Das*
Bharat
Nayak
Burke+
Fensome
Bowman
Weber
Comley
McKern

If there is anything Towns or Wright would like to change, just let me know. Well done to Das on receiving the captaincy.

EDIT: Note that Burke is keeping, forgot to put the "+" there.

Das captaining the side, eh?. Interesting.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
If there is anything Towns or Wright would like to change, just let me know. Well done to Das on receiving the captaincy (a decision made solely by me :ph34r: ).

EDIT: Note that Burke is keeping, forgot to put the "+" there.
A bit disappointed i must say that Burke isn't given another chance at the captaincy after his great effort for the Under 19s. Oh well i guess you have balance your Under 19 and Colts roles.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
We sure owned them up! Well done U19's!!

Now, the Colts turn again, let's hope we do better than last time!

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Itching to see that Under 19 scorecard. Well done lads, great effort. Now to back up for the Colts, we should do the Poms in.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Yep, we should, we got 4 of the winning team here, plus our regulars, and some new imports, we should be looking real good here, real good!

Btw, I would also like to see that scorecard as well!

Loony BoB

International Captain
Congrats to Das on his captaincy for the Eng A game. Wishing the lads and laddette all the best. Do us proud! :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
England A to play Cricket Web Colts

AN Cook
EC Joyce
*VS Solanki
OA Shah
R Clarke
JWM Dalrymple
+CMW Read
GJ Batty
JM Anderson
SI Mahmood
J Lewis

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
me playing od :O now thats surprising :p

comon Colts! lets finish this job, and take England A down :cool:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Colts v England A
at Goffmouth Park

Jasotharan and Pitt once again outclassed England A at Goffmouth, while the tourists' batting whimpered over to accurate bowling from a patient Colts side. After opting to bat first, Vikram Solanki was sent onto the crease after Ed Joyce had hoiked a short ball from McKern straight to Pitt in the deep, but it only took seven deliveries before he perished in a similar fashion. When Cook and Clarke followed to the nagging seam bowling of Bowman, England A were 54 for 4, and always in trouble. Owais Shah and Jamie Dalrymple tried to rebuild, with a grinding partnership of 89, but Comley's variations eventually undid Shah as he top edged a top-spinner and took out his own leg stump. A batting collapse followed, as Callum McKern picked up three wickets, and England A closed on 180.

Early wickets were required, but Jasotharan and Pitt ensured that wouldn't happen. As England A's opening bowlers grew more and more frustrated, the pair smashed the bad deliveries out of sight, and put on a first-wicket stand of 107. Despite a good second spell from Saj Mahmood, yielding three wickets, Colts never looked anywhere near losing, and the game ended, appropriately, when James Anderson served up a leg-side wide that went all the way to the fine leg boundary.

England A 180 all out (49.1 overs)
Cricket Web Colts 183 for 4 (35.5 overs)
Cricket Web Colts won by six wickets
Man of the Match: Tom Bowman

Attachments

Loony BoB

International Captain
Fantastic bowling and solid batting, I'm extremely happy with that result. It's particularly pleasing to see McKern getting back into the form he had in the first season, and Bowman is looking really good as a potential opening partner for him. Very pleased with that win, good job to those that did it for us in the absence of four of our OD regulars.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
awesome win Colts!
very well bowled, and Pitt finished it of superb! some awesome bowling from Mckern and Bowman, and very happy to grab a wicket myself and bowl reasonably well in a OD game!

GO COLTS!

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
The only win for a domestic team! The Pommies must be *****ing themselves!

Great going bowlers! If it wasn't for that, I'd hate to see what they would've got!

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Very good showing there Colts...despite a bit of a hiccup at the end, very comfortable win.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dizzy #4 said:
Great going bowlers! If it wasn't for that, I'd hate to see what they would've got!
Yes, I agree. If it wasn't for the bowlers bowling well, they might have scores a lot of runs... :wacko:

Captain Obvious statement of the day? :p