• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

cnerd123

likes this
So HK Women have been playing Japan Women this week. In Osaka on Astro. Won the first two games comfortably, but mixing it up for this third game and at risk of massive upset.

Kary Chan missing due to injury too.

cnerd123

likes this
**** me we got the win but it should have never been that close. HK were complacent with selections, strategy and execution and nearly paid for it

Some good batting by Japan tho

Marius

International Debutant
Very sad how Kenyan cricket has devolved. Were spoke of a prospective Test nation at one stage and made a WC SF but are now playing World Cup qualifiers against St Helena (whose total population is 0.1% that of Nairobi's).

ataraxia

International Coach
Saw that on cricinfo, that was funny. Hope all the remote imperial remnants end up playing T20Is just for the lol thrashings. Saved by the rain too - Kenya v St Helena is otherwise the massivest of mismatches not involving Mali W.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Does the world need a strong Kenya cricket team?

Very sad how Kenyan cricket has devolved. Were spoke of a prospective Test nation at one stage and made a WC SF but are now playing World Cup qualifiers against St Helena (whose total population is 0.1% that of Nairobi's).
Internal squabbling, unresolved colonial era hang ups about taking cricket to the natives and general visionless malaise will do that.

Marius

International Debutant
Does the world need a strong Kenya cricket team?

Internal squabbling, unresolved colonial era hang ups about taking cricket to the natives and general visionless malaise will do that.
Well, quite.

And on your first point, does world cricket need a strong Afghanistan, a strong Nepal, a strong Netherlands etc? Not necessarily but if we don't want the game to be a cute anachronism in a half century we should be concerned when cricket teams degrade as badly as the Kenyans have.

Marius

International Debutant
Kenya bowled Mali out for 30 and chased the score down in 15 balls.

Reminds me of my days of school cricket (my school side would have been Mali in this situation, not Mali).

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Very happy that Ballance is back in to Zimbabwe team. Number 3 was one position they were missing a lot in recent months and he will fit right into it. My guess is, they will go for the Ireland series with below XI.

Craig Ervine
Madhevere
Ballance
Sean Williams
Sikander Raza
Ryan Burl
Chakabva
Jongwe
Chatara
Muzarabani
Masakadza

Looks solid.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Very happy that Ballance is back in to Zimbabwe team. Number 3 was one position they were missing a lot in recent months and he will fit right into it. My guess is, they will go for the Ireland series with below XI.

Craig Ervine
Madhevere
Ballance
Sean Williams
Sikander Raza
Ryan Burl
Chakabva
Jongwe
Chatara
Muzarabani
Masakadza

Looks solid.