• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
US almost made a mess of an easy chase and huffed and puffed to a crucial win. That fight for the third place between USA UAE and Namibia is getting interesting now.

Oman and Scotland are almost sure of top two spots. Top 3 get into odi world cup.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Netherlands summer finishing how it started, 0-2 down to Pakistan. There's a third ODI today but in fairly swamp conditions (although it should stay reasonably cool for the time of the year)

At least nothing was rained off so there should be some TV money the board should put to use to grow the game. The hockey clubs might find they'll have to share more of their grounds with cricket :ph34r:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
So Nasee Shah is good, huh? :p

Waiting to hear from @trundler @smash84 and @Xuhaib Not sure if @nightprowler10 rated him either.
eh I wouldn't take much out of NL bottling a chase, like our batters are barely okay plus and this is what they did against NZ too, come respectably close to a fightable total. If NL had been allowed to keep Rippon then maybe...

This bowling card is criminal, too, remembering that Dutt usually bowls off spin...I know they're trying to prepare for subcontinent cricket in October but man.

1661146803344.png

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I saw a post on social media earlier that said the Cricket Australia had invited Papua New Guinea to participate in Australian domestic cricket, for both the men and women. There was no link, so not sure at what level that participation would be or whether the whole thing was apocryphal.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I saw a post on social media earlier that said the Cricket Australia had invited Papua New Guinea to participate in Australian domestic cricket, for both the men and women. There was no link, so not sure at what level that participation would be or whether the whole thing was apocryphal.
Did some googling and PNG men has just finished a T20 tournament in Darwin. Seems like they went 0-3 or 1-3, the tournament wasn't keen on setting up a points table.

I think this is pretty much just a continuation of what already happens, some people in CA are getting grants from the East Asia Pacific region to set up some tournaments.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I've heard there is a proposal to invite them to whatever the Futures League (basically Sheffield Shield Second XI) is called these days and the 50 over domestic comp. I don't think it's been decided on yet so no invitation has been given. Best guess is that it fizzles out and gets voted down.

They did play in the South Australian development comp for a few years and started awfully for the first couple of seasons but slowly got better until they stopped getting invited (due to covid I think). I reckon they'd get absolutely toweled up at the level that's being proposed so I don't see it happening.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Did some googling and PNG men has just finished a T20 tournament in Darwin. Seems like they went 0-3 or 1-3, the tournament wasn't keen on setting up a points table.

I think this is pretty much just a continuation of what already happens, some people in CA are getting grants from the East Asia Pacific region to set up some tournaments.

Yeah the rumours might just be wires crossed with this.

Xuhaib

International Coach
So Nasee Shah is good, huh? :p

Waiting to hear from @trundler @smash84 and @Xuhaib Not sure if @nightprowler10 rated him either.
Well NL is hardly a challenge though it's a good effort I like how the ball is coming out of his hand he's getting the away shape that he got at the time of his first 6 months still not completely there but then Waqar tinkered with his action to stop stress on his lower back and he completely lost his away movement and the pace also went down. He is on a road to recovery past 6 months and looking better each time but I still believe had he been left to develop for 2-3 seasons in FC cricket he would have a better transition to top stage.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Lucas Oluoch looking like a left-arm Thomas Odoyo, so much has he beefed up in recent days. Slogged a quick 36 and looked the most hostile of the Kenyan pacemen on a wicket that had random uneven bounce. Nepal just about got home ina tight chase that game so onwards to game 2 at 1pm EAT.