• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
So...Ireland has only played 3 test matches since they were granted the status in 2019 (ish). They get a 4th against Bangladesh in April which is nice

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
From now Feb 2023 To Dec 2025
Ireland have to play 11 test matches

vs Bangladesh
Vs Sri Lanka
vs England
Vs Ireland
Vs Afghanistan
vs Zimbabwe

Not any against Aus/NZ/ SA / Ind / Pak

G. S. Kohli

From now Feb 2023 To Dec 2025
Ireland have to play 11 test matches

vs Bangladesh
Vs Sri Lanka
vs England
Vs Ireland
Vs Afghanistan
vs Zimbabwe

Not any against Aus/NZ/ SA / Ind / Pak

G. S. Kohli

I liked to watch Scotland matches

Nepal release Captain Sandeep Lamichahne for Cricket matches, who faces rape charges but if Government or Court demands, he has to go back for Court proceedings.

Sandeep took the 18 year old girl in Hotel/Motel in Kathmandu & Raped her as Girl says to police.Sandeeo denied rape charges, " I liked her , but I did not even touch her"

G. S. Kohli

Nepal
Karan KC, Rohit Paudel (c), Aarif Sheikh, Kushal Bhurtel, Sompal Kami, Aasif Sheikh, Dipendra Singh Airee, Arjun Saud, Gyanendra Malla, Harishankar Shah, Gulsan Jha, Lalit Rajbanshi, Sagar Dhakal, Nandan Yadav

NAM squad:Bernard Scholtz, JJ Smit, Pikky Ya France, Zane Green (wk), Ruben Trumpelmann, Gerhard Erasmus (c), Tangeni Lungameni, Jan Nicol Loftie-Eaton, Lohandre Louwrens, Divan la ****, Ben Shikongo, Michael van Lingen, Karl Birkenstock

Rohit captain today as Sandeep L.out with court order

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Odd to open with Birkenstock. I suppose Namibia have always struggled for openers and rotated through various sub-par options to protect their middle/lower-middle order somewhat.

G. S. Kohli

Odd to open with Birkenstock. I suppose Namibia have always struggled for openers and rotated through various sub-par options to protect their middle/lower-middle order somewhat.
285 good score. M. Lingen hits his 3rd ton, Erasmus Whack 50 odd & 34 from Green

Karan kc & Sandeep L shared 8 wkts

G. S. Kohli

Nepal, if loose, Bhurtel & Rohit Earlier, I doubt they can even reaches 275.?
So far 14 bowlers were used in 83 overs from both the side,What a innings by Bhurtel & Rohit!!

Nepal need 100 more for win in last 17 overs or so 8 wkts on hand
Nepal won thriller by 2 wkts with 2:ball spare
Bhurtel hits 133

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Where are JJ Smit and Jan Frylinck? I'm assuming Frylinck must be injured in some way as he played in the Nepal game as a batsman only.

EDIT: Both injured:

The Namibian said:
Star all-rounder JJ Smit is still unavailable due to a knee injury, but Jan Frylinck has recovered from injury and is back in the squad, which shows one new cap in CCD opening batter Joshuan Julius, is as follows:

Gerhard Erasmus (captain), Lohan Louwrens, Michael van Lingen, Nicol Loftie-Eaton, Jan Frylinck, Zane Green, Karl Birkenstock, Helao Ya France, Tangeni Lungameni, Ruben Trumpelmann, Bernard Scholtz, Ben Shikongo, Shaun Fouche and Josuan Julius.
Guessing Wiese may have retired? Much weaker team without Smit and Frylinck.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Where are JJ Smit and Jan Frylinck? I'm assuming Frylinck must be injured in some way as he played in the Nepal game as a batsman only.

EDIT: Both injured:

Guessing Wiese may have retired? Much weaker team without Smit and Frylinck.
Smit was injured a month or so ago and had to pull out of the IT20 in the UAE cause of it, assume it's the same injury. Weise still rocks up for T20 wc games, assume it's more a case of franchise cricket paying more. He's over in the PSL atm.