• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Irish are playing Afghanistan in a full tour at UAE comprising test, t20is and odis which should be interesting to follow. Ireland start as the underdogs. Have to wait and see if Ireland has really deteriorated so much or they can win the test vs the Afghans.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Irish are playing Afghanistan in a full tour at UAE comprising test, t20is and odis which should be interesting to follow. Ireland start as the underdogs. Have to wait and see if Ireland has really deteriorated so much or they can win the test vs the Afghans.
It's not a real tour without Test matches.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Loftie-Eaton with a T20 ton in just 33 balls for Namibia against Nepal. A new record for T20Is. He came in at 3 down. Debutant Namibia opener Malan Kruger carried his bat for... 59 off 48 balls. Loftie-Eaton also took 2-29 off 3 overs.

Not thought much of Loftie-Eaton before, but then this bowling lark seems to be a recent thing too. Hopefully he continues to improve; he's still only 22.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
South Africa doesn't do enough to help their fellow African teams , Kenya had some potential in the 2000's then died out ..Zim only had one bilateral series vs SA in the 90's when they had very good team ..Namibia and Uganda have qualified for the T20 WC but have not faced SA in T20

I feel this Namibia side could upset SA in a game or two , excellent team..Beating Nepal in Nepal twice is not easy and now they beat Netherlands .

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Namibia had their team in South Africa's first class system for about a decade, but it became too costly for them to continue it if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure that was Namibia's choice, albeit forced by financial constraints.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
South Africa doesn't do enough to help their fellow African teams , Kenya had some potential in the 2000's then died out ..Zim only had one bilateral series vs SA in the 90's when they had very good team ..Namibia and Uganda have qualified for the T20 WC but have not faced SA in T20

I feel this Namibia side could upset SA in a game or two , excellent team..Beating Nepal in Nepal twice is not easy and now they beat Netherlands .
There was the Africa Cup initiative in the short form as well for a few years, it was a bit hit and giggle but I think there were some good experience to be gained as well

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Test match between Afghanistan and Ireland starting soon. Two teams striving to make it to the big stage. Will be keenly following it. While Afghans start as favorites obviously, absence of Rashid Khan does even the odds slightly. Van Woerkom has qualified to Ireland from NZ and playing as the lead spinner for the Irish this match.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Nepal's selection tactics are weird , they use way too many bowling options and batsmen bat all over the place .For example Gulsan Jha batted at No.10 today vs Netherlands but didn't bowl, yet Nepal used 8 different bowling options in the match
The previous game Gulsan Jha batted at 6 and bowled 1 over ...

Rohit Paudel has had a lot of success with his off breaks recently but didn't bowl in the match , he's batted 3, 4, 5 ..In one match he didn't bat at all , kept dropping himself down the order..

They haven't done as well as they should have against Namibia and Netherlands in the 50 over matches and now the T20 stuff ..
I think they need to keep it more simple .