• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenya struggling to make headway, much like the stream on my office's dodgy wifi

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
From what I can tell whoever wins Kenya Uganda will go ahead to the next round despite Raza's efforts these last two games. Shame he's missed out on two WC'S while arguably being the best white ball allrounder in the world.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
From what I can tell whoever wins Kenya Uganda will go ahead to the next round despite Raza's efforts these last two games. Shame he's missed out on two WC'S while arguably being the best white ball allrounder in the world.
Zimbabwe still has an outside chance. If Uganda wins this, they go through to the world cup. If Kenya win, then Zimbabwe -Kenya will be a knockout match.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Uganda have beat rowanda and qualified for the next stage along with namibia. Have to feel for raza right now, lol. In the last 3 games opening he's gone: 58(36) and 3/3, 65(37) and 2/13, and 82(48) and 2/21. Even in the 3 games before that he made 68 runs in 2 digs and took collective figures of 3/47. Overall he's made 273 runs in 5 innings and 10 wickets. Outrageous effort from him despite it all.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Let Zimbabwe's results be a stern reminder to the SA administrators of what happens when you allow politics to destroy a country.
Side has hit rock bottom. Not being able to qualify amongst the top 2 in the Rest of Africa is a disaster for Zimbabwe, when the old guys Raza,Williams and Ervine retire it could get even worse. I would say a Dark Day in Zimbabwean Cricket but there has been a few.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Let Zimbabwe's results be a stern reminder to the SA administrators of what happens when you allow politics to destroy a country.
Side has hit rock bottom. Not being able to qualify amongst the top 2 in the Rest of Africa is a disaster for Zimbabwe, when the old guys Raza,Williams and Ervine retire it could get even worse. I would say a Dark Day in Zimbabwean Cricket but there has been a few.
Nah your overreacting here. Uganda are in over zimbabwe because associate cricket in general is getting stronger. You could have easily had another 2-4 teams at the last odi WC just as good as the netherlands. Also, zimbabwe dropped one close game in a format where even the best sides don't win all the time. Not to say there's no mismanagment etc, but highlighting it here specifically feels a bit off.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Nah your overreacting here. Uganda are in over zimbabwe because associate cricket in general is getting stronger. You could have easily had another 2-4 teams at the last odi WC just as good as the netherlands. Also, zimbabwe dropped one close game in a format where even the best sides don't win all the time. Not to say there's no mismanagment etc, but highlighting it here specifically feels a bit off.
It's not an overreaction, Zimbabwe has essentially been carried by a handful of players well past their 30s , just like Kenya was in the 2000's.. with the quota policy and economic conditions scaring potential Zim players away abroad, the future is very bleak for Zim ..and much of it is self inflicted because there is talent in Zimbabwe.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not an overreaction, Zimbabwe has essentially been carried by a handful of players well past their 30s , just like Kenya was in the 2000's.. with the quota policy and economic conditions scaring potential Zim players away abroad, the future is very bleak for Zim ..and much of it is self inflicted because there is talent in Zimbabwe.
Sorry, I was talking more about SA and zimbabwe's short term trajectory. This zimbabwe team in practice is no different to the unit that made the last group stage and beat PAK last tournament. Think I misinterpreted the meaning of your initial post a bit.

Socerer 01

International Captain
yeah criticizing Zimbabwe is unfair to Uganda who were touted as dark horses to qualify even before the qualifiers and aren’t a bad team themselves

will be cool to see a new team at the world cup

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Zimbabwe copped a couple of upsets which can happen in T20 cricket. If they played those games over Zimbabwe would've beaten Namibia 60% of the time and Uganda 90% of the time, but neither of those numbers are 100% and **** happens. Over-reacting to two games is a bit silly.

I do fear for them a bit but not because they lost a game to Uganda.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenya's showing grinds my gears though. Compared to the other 'contenders' for World Cup qualification, our fielding was noticeably sloppier, running between the wickets more lethargic, and general intensity was just way down. On e cannot even say that there was anything approaching a strategy to build up for the tournament beyond 'oh its here already, just grab a bunch of guys and send them down lolz'