• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI Media Coverage

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Gough Hints at 6th Team

"Im a proud Black, but I think I would relish a chance to start something new at a 6th team." Gough said when interviewed today.

It is no secret that Gough has been looking for more First class opportunities and the 6th team may offer that. "It is certainly something I would be interested in. Id be happy to captain or to be a player and foot soldier. I would be tempted to be at the begining and build something, though the conditions would have to be right. Im on a good thing at Black and Im not about to walk away and into a trainwreck."

Gough continued "There appears to be retirements and guys unsatisfied at their teams. I believe a strong 6th team can be made that will be competetive straight away".

The question remains, will Gough be part of a 6th team Dev League shake up or continue with the easy life of annually collecting winners medals at all powerful Black?

cpr

International Coach
Heard Black are struggling to pay wages, Smitty been seen pimping out his batting lineup down the docks.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Dinnen adds weight to calls for 6th team

Former Green all-rounder C.J. Dinnen has joined the debate sorrounding the possibility of a 6th CW franchise.

"I'd be all for it" said Dinnen. "I was in a fortunate position last season with the amount of game time I got as a rookie at Green, opportunities I possibly wouldn't have had had I been drafted elsewhere. No doubt there were plenty of other rookies who weren't as fortunate as I was."

"I think it's a shame that there's so much young talent sitting on the sidelines when the CWBCC has a team of non-qualified has beens playing in it's premier domestic competition. Guys like Justin Kemp will never play for their country again due to their ICL commitments. So what motivation do they have for playing domestic cricket in CWLand? They're not going to be impressing international selectors with their form, so clearly they're just here for one last pay day. That's money the CWBCC could be spending on nurturing and developing talent that could one day be representing CWLand."

"A 6th team would have to be carefully composed though. It would be senseless throwing together a bunch of rookies and players not good enough for the other 5 franchises to get thrashed soundly week after week. Ideally, it would have a couple of experienced heads looking for a fresh challenge within the domestic competition."

Dinnen has recently left CW Green, and is currently clubless - surely this is just opportunistic timing from the all-rounder?

"Not at all" he grins. "It's something I've always believed should be the case. The debate's been raised recently, and I'm giving my opinion on it. The fact I'm currently clubless has nothing to do with the debate, I'd be saying exactly the same things were I still at Green."

bryce

International Regular
Heard Black are struggling to pay wages, Smitty been seen pimping out his batting lineup down the docks.
Yeah I bumped into young(albeit fat) lady who said she had just made a mess of their top order

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah, because if there's anything that will tip things in favour of a 6th team, it'll be an endorsement from some rookie.

Athlai

Not Terrible
6th Team Will be Average at Best

It's a scientifically proven fact, adding teams does not mean better cricket", says local guru and Grade cricket basher John Heads.

"Though to be fair the teams are **** already so personally I'm all for it."

This shocking revelation comes amid a flock of other cries for a 6th team, John was criticized heavily for 'jumping on the bandwagon' and not really making much 'sense' in his argument. If anything's for sure, there's bound to be a lot more 'bandwagon jumping' in days to come.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
6th Team Will be Average at Best

It's a scientifically proven fact, adding teams does not mean better cricket", says local guru and Grade cricket basher John Heads.

"Though to be fair the teams are **** already so personally I'm all for it."

This shocking revelation comes amid a flock of other cries for a 6th team, John was criticized heavily for 'jumping on the bandwagon' and not really making much 'sense' in his argument. If anything's for sure, there's bound to be a lot more 'bandwagon jumping' in days to come.
To draw another Bangladesh parallel, they'll still be better than Yellow

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I heard that the 6th Team is a given and that the CWLand Cricket Board are investigating a 7th Franchise, to be based on the Australian Gold Coast.

You heard it here first. CW Cricket live from Carrara.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Leaves the selection team with an interesting dilemma. Do they debut a new opener i.e. Gray or Bosco, or do they return Pete to open and bring back Dauth, or maybe even debut Garven?

Travis_Teh

International Regular
S Young would be in front of Fitzsimmons, easily. Gray would be pretty lucky, one godly season after years of mediocrity. Still, is an issue.

Wasn't the batting that let us down vs Australia, though.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Lets just say there is quite a few batsmen with more runs on the board then when Thamba made his debut after his first season. Also Gray had 2-3 good seasons in a row, it just the last one was really dominate.

Blackman also the incumbent.