• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW 'A' in Caribbean/North America

PY

International Coach
Team handing out some severe pastings here, Scott obviously forsook the turkey/BBQ for some protein shakes.

Pretty happy with my returns thus far...could be tempted out of retirement if the right sounds are made. :p

readie

State Regular
The Scott and Read machine in force again:p. Scott was fantastic though, WAG.

Hoping to turn a 50 like that into a ton next time

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Team handing out some severe pastings here, Scott obviously forsook the turkey/BBQ for some protein shakes.

Pretty happy with my returns thus far...could be tempted out of retirement if the right sounds are made. :p
A candy wrapper and this calendar. :lady:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bizarre lack of activity here. Sitting at home in CWLand waiting for the call on the A Team First Class leg. What's going on?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Media thread much?
Pah. No official word from the tour. I've learned to treat any news that comes out via Comical Ali (a.k.a. Martyn Corrin) with a pinch of salt.

I mean, the Corrin Official Rankings system has his 251* as the greatest innings of all time. That's despite Corrin's shocking First Chance Average.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All considered, this tour is costing a fortune. Thankfully Smith LNG continues to dominate the global market.

readie

State Regular
I've definitely been taking full advantage of the Spa and Sauna with some "friends". My tour aggregate has gone through the roof

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pah. No official word from the tour. I've learned to treat any news that comes out via Comical Ali (a.k.a. Martyn Corrin) with a pinch of salt.

I mean, the Corrin Official Rankings system has his 251* as the greatest innings of all time. That's despite Corrin's shocking First Chance Average.
You should so PR for me, nobody mentions my 251* more than you :sleep:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Twenty20: Canada vs Cricket Web 'A'
at Skydome

After the recent dramatic events, the Cricket Web 'A' tour wobbled back to life with an unconvincing performance in front of a flat Toronto crowd. A little less than a thousand cricket fans had assembled, and their cheers echoed as Cricket Web 'A' did a professional, but unexciting job of chasing down Canada's total of 113.

In fairness, their bowlers did an exceptional job to set up the chase. Rizwan Cheema was the only one to stand up to Spinks' opening assault in his debut Twenty20 match, as the talented Colts bowler ripped the Canadians a new one - they stood at 54 for seven before Chauhan and Bhatti rescued them off the spinners. Spinks got the ball in the third over, and never relinquished it, to complete figures of five for 24. Corrin was smashed about by Chauhan, and though he did not get the measure of the all-rounder, he did get the wicket of Bhatti to stem the partnership. Wright and Morris - who had earlier bowled a maiden - cleaned up, skittling Canada for 112.

Matt Luff was run out in the very first over, batting with another Twenty20 debutant, Josh Ritchie, but after that it was plain sailing. Ritchie and Young put on 95, with nine fours and one six - caught by a nine-year-old girl named Parvati - as they jogged, strolled and pottered to the target. Chauhan got the only wicket for the Canadian bowlers, Ritchie caught behind, but Scott struck a couple of lazy fours to seal the win with three overs to spare.

Canada 112 all out (17.5)
Chauhan 37*; Spinks 5/24, Wright 2/17

Cricket Web 'A' 113 for two (17)
Young 51*, Ritchie 42

Cricket Web 'A' won by eight wickets
Man of the Match: N. B. Spinks (CW 'A')

Attachments

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
West Indies 'A' announce 13-man squad for CW series

The West Indies 'A' vs Cricket Web 'A' series, generously hosted by the Toronto Cricket, Curling and Skating Club, will begin this weekend, and the WICB have announced a reasonably strong squad given the talent in the region. Delight was heard around CWLand as the WICB vice-president Dave Cameron announced the selection of spinner Dave Mohammed; there was also spots for veterans Runako Morton - the Leeward Islands captain with 49 ODIs will also captain the squad - as well as Devon Smith and Carlton Baugh. On the younger side, WICB have surprised by picking domestic performer Jason Bennett - who struggles to make the Barbados squad - and have also given places to Kieron Pollard, Adrian Barath and Kemar Roach, among others.

Batsmen

RS Morton (c)
A Barath
DS Smith
SE Findlay
KA Pollard
RK Currency

Wicket-keeper

CS Baugh

Allrounder

DJG Sammy

Bowlers