• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW 'A' in Caribbean/North America

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
CW A Xi for the first OD V West Indies A

NG Scott
JJ Ritchie
AJ Blackman
PE Young
SC Morris
BS Read +
M Corrin*
BC Donald
KS Wright
AEK Maina
NL Patrick

readie

State Regular
Awesome Stuff. Hoping to contribute lower down the order regardless of the fact I have historically only fired in the top 3. 6 should suit me better than 4 or 5 maybe :lol:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
First 50-overs A match: West Indies 'A' vs Cricket Web 'A'
in Toronto

West Indies 'A' came out fighting, but apart from Adrian Barath's 96, they were unable to muster the same firepower as Sam Morris and Peter Young showed in the rebuilding effort. A disappointing top order showing may mean changes for the next game, however.

After being put in, the openers folded to Ravi Rampaul, and Cricket Web 'A' wilted to eleven for two. Blackman and Young struggled with the field in, but occasionally broke the shackles with neat dabs, though Blackman was dismissed by Bennett in the sixteenth over after a circumspect 21.

However, the Caribbeans failed to apply pressure in the middle overs, which Dave Mohammed must take most of the blame for. Failing to flight the ball properly, he was never a particular threat, and Morton required plenty of bowling rotation. Eventually, Young dragged on Sammy for 81 with ten overs to spare, but Morris, having survived the spin, now took full advantage of the Twenty20-like conditions for his maiden List A hundred. Read also helped to batter the boundary, and the total stood at a respectable 279 for four.

With early runs required, West Indies 'A' lost both Smith and Findlay cheaply, and were unable to take advantage of the fielding restrictions. Thus, they needed more than 6.5 an over for the final thirty overs, and even on the good Toronto wicket it seemed a tall order. When Morton smacked out to complete a horrid 24, it looked even more a pipe dream, but dropped catches and a very solid performance from Adrian Barath kept the hosts in it until eight overs remained. Then Wright had both Barath and Baugh caught by Maina, top edges flying square, and with three wickets in hand West Indies 'A' keeled over for 213.

Cricket Web 'A' 279 for four (50)
Morris 120*, Young 81; Rampaul 2/62

West Indies 'A' 213 all out (47.5)
Barath 96; Wright 4/50

Cricket Web 'A' won by 66 runs
Man of the Match: S. C. Morris (Cricket Web 'A*)

Attachments

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pleased with that effort, having a good tour thus far. Especially delighted to get 3 top order wickets and a crucial one at that. Excellent effort from the boys. Hopefully we can keep it going.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Awesome Stuff. Hoping to contribute lower down the order regardless of the fact I have historically only fired in the top 3. 6 should suit me better than 4 or 5 maybe :lol:
You probably be batting at around six for first team, so it is about time you learned how to bat there again.

readie

State Regular
You probably be batting at around six for first team, so it is about time you learned how to bat there again.

Yeah exactly to be a viable option for the first team I need to be able to perform there so yeah glad to get the chance to show my wares at 6 thanks