• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2018

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Ah! Way above his career FC average of 36 or so. That's why he's still there.
Well it was in fairness against division two bowling, but he further scored Durham's debut century in twenty20 and scored prolifically in one-day cricket. Obviously Colly is at that age when people immediately view a bad run of form as being a sign of being ''past it''. There obviously will come a time very soon when he retires - whether this is his final season, your guess is as good as mine?

His captaincy in the past has been superb, but he's made a big blunder here, putting Leicestershire in on an absolute road. Not that it would have mattered much given Durham's comical batting - we'd have probably just gotten skittled on that ''road'' regardless.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Isn't this Paul Collingwood way past his sell-by date? Why is he the captain (or is it that the captain can be dropped)?
Went on the England tour as a coach last year when he was probably the 3rd or 4th best batsman out there.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good start by Yorkshire getting a couple of wickets. Coad proving last season was no fluke.

Oh and Jimmy Anderson looks a prat. Needs to be said again.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bowled out for 50 and still win in a canter. :laugh:

Who needs a good batting line up when you have a very good pace attack.

SeamUp

International Coach
Henry Brookes really standing up for warwickshire today with sidebottom injured. Got a couple of fairly dodgy lbws but looked to be bowling mid 80s judging by the highlights and bowling some good deliveries.

I'm gonna miss guys like Brookes and Brook making names for themselves in the championship if the 4 day cricket fades away.
What is Brookes like ?

At least getting wickets unlike other pretenders at this stage ie Garton, Barber

SeamUp

International Coach
At least we getting some 100s this round
Mullaney
Jennings
Vilas
Brook
Trescothick
Bartlett
Burns

Borges

International Regular
I would have enjoyed watching Durham's second innings: the young opener Cameron Steel grinding it out in the old fashioned way.

theegyptian

The fact that Worcestershire have piled up the runs at the oval this week having barely scored a run in their first three games does put into some context the runs scored by Foakes, Burns etc imo. It's not always as flat at the Oval but it is good for batting generally. Obviously you play 1/2 away games too, but if you play on the oval every other week you are generally going to go into the away games with confidence in your batting.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've just realised - that's not the Burnley Express at all, it's that bloody Julian Assange - no wonder he hasn't taken any wickets

theegyptian

Lancs with a real chance of winning now against somerset.

Hard for Surrey to win the tittle. Just don't win enough games. Least when Ansari was around (and bowling well) they could have two spinners which gave them better chance of winning home games. Pillans and Mckerr should both probably get more game time on flat wickets. Don't know when or if Mckerr qualifies for England but wouldn't surprise me if he was in the frame in a few years. Sam Curran hasn't added any pace yet to his bowling - still an 80mph.

AndrewB

I think that's a Championship record for Durham (going by a comment in "Summer's Crown") - winning after following on 256 behind.