• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2018

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Bairstow opening for Yorkshire second dig... interesting to see how that goes. Still think he could do a job there for England (with Foakes into the side obviously)

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bairstow opening for Yorkshire second dig... interesting to see how that goes. Still think he could do a job there for England (with Foakes into the side obviously)
Until now I have been against Bairstow even going to 5 but have now decided him opening would be an excellent idea.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Some real nice boundaries by Harry Brook off Harmer.

Couple of down the wicket, inside out lofted cover drives. The execution made tougher by Harmer bowling around the wicket at this point, having been hit for a few boundaries bowling over the wicket.

Gnske

However, clearly tethered by pain, he was caught at the wicket off the very next ball and hobbled off Emirates Old Trafford accompanied by his runner, Matt Renshaw, and the good wishes of everyone in the game.
Wait, you still get runners in the County system?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
aussie here, who is new to county cricket and has been enjoying the bbc coverage this season.

I have never seen such consistently low scores. Is this unusual for english conditions? Is this ball swinging all over the place, are the wicket's awful for batting , or can english players simply not bat (outside of odi's , 20/20's and other rubbish? )
As the County season starts earlier and earlier, you typically see fresher decks and more bowling-friendly conditions -- so the first few games tend to be relatively low-scoring. But even by those expectations, this season has been over and above.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One of the craziest days ever that first day at Chelmsford. How can a side be bowled out for 50 and just about be on top at the end of the day? Obviously a long way to go in the game but with a supposedly strong line up still to come then Yorkshire could put a good score on the board for Essex to have to chase. Don't think just after 12 yesterday many expected anything but a heavy Yorkshire defeat.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Harry Brook with a maiden ton. Good start for a teenager who was the best player in the England under 19's, hope he can build on that from here.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I thought Durham were struggling a bit at 46 for 4 until I realised that these two had trebled the total.

fredfertang

And a 50 for Keaton Jennings at last

As for Durham it is looking bleak for them, and we can't even claim their problems are self-inflicted

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Good to see the big dog Bopara taking out Root. Hoping for a recall at some point. Probably wouldn't be any worse of a bowling allrounder than woakes in overseas tests.

Henry Brookes really standing up for warwickshire today with sidebottom injured. Got a couple of fairly dodgy lbws but looked to be bowling mid 80s judging by the highlights and bowling some good deliveries.

I'm gonna miss guys like Brookes and Brook making names for themselves in the championship if the 4 day cricket fades away.