• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2017

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England might do better to look at Alex Davies than Jos Buttler if they're after a Lancashire wicketkeeper/batsman

fredfertang

Essex 373/0. Cook on 193*.

What a miserable experience that must be for a bowling side. One of Finn and Roland-Jones is supposed to bowl for England this summer, but it seems more likely they'll both hand in their notice after this.
AN Cook jinxed Howe b Roland Jones 193

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Buttler is a clown. Living upto his junk rating in first class cricket. Not sure whose bright idea it was for him to bat 3 (and then 2). Probably came down the line from England that they want their guys batting in the top 4 in county cricket if they are competing to be frontline batsman for England. Should end his chance of playing next week for England.

Roy somehow batted 4 this week for Surrey, ahead of Sangakarra who had 900 runs at just less than 100 before the game - although it worked out well enough for Surrey.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Vilas is better than both at first-class.
Although Vilas hasn't kept so far this season (IIRC he came knowing he wasn't going to keep unless Davies was injured). Davies has been opening and keeping and doing a fair job, although I think he usually gives a few chances when he gets a score. Vilas has been good but his stats are pretty skewed by that one innings.

S.Kennedy

We have Stokes and Wood and it is a washout. Oh well, at least we got that first day and it is probably for the best anyway given the scorecard. Looks like most of the games were washouts including the women's international.

Bijed

International Regular
Being a Somerset fan is giving me an insight into how it must have felt to be an early days Bangladesh supporter.

Jarquis

Hildreth having an awful season is a big difference from previous years. If he was having anything like a normal year it might have helped arrest some of these collapses. We're nearly in July and he hasn't yet made 50

S.Kennedy

It did seem a wild punt giving Abel the captainacy (I suppose they were hoping for a Graeme Smith thing!).

theegyptian

So Derbyshire just needed to pick a 16 year old spinner to win a game of championship cricket.

Brad Taylor took his best figures (4-64) on debut at 16 for Hampshire, and has got no-where near replicating those figures since. Wonder if Qadri will have the same problems.

theegyptian

wtf Somerset have a massive lifeline. Hampshire declared and left Somerset 161 off 31 overs.

Seems a massive gamble by Hampshire, unless they think they are already safe from relegation (which i don't think they are) and want to go full on for the championship.

I'm all a contrived finish but in this situation for Hampshire I'd take the points from the draw and keep Somerset way down at the bottom of the ttable.

Must be real tough batting conditions.

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
Another 5-fer for Simon Harmer.Pity quotas messed him around so much as he should be the incumbent spinner for South Africa with 20+ tests under his belt really.

Update* He now has all 8 in the innings and 13 in the match

Last edited:

mackembhoy

International Debutant
So Derbyshire just needed to pick a 16 year old spinner to win a game of championship cricket.

Brad Taylor took his best figures (4-64) on debut at 16 for Hampshire, and has got no-where near replicating those figures since. Wonder if Qadri will have the same problems.
Rashid and Qadri to be tearing apart Ireland, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh for years to come.