• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2016

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Gloucestershire very close but bad light taking over. 500 runs for the season already for Jack Taylor from the lower middle order.

B good to see how Jamie Overton and Tymal Mills bowl tonight. Conceivably the two quickest bowlers in England.

Raffski

School Boy/Girl Captain
Why hasn't Graham Napier played for England yet ? Can hit sixes and bowl 90 mph.
That ship has sailed sadly, he's retiring at the end of the season. I'm a little biased but he can consider himself very unlucky never to have been picked for the England LO sides, especially with some of the dross that got in ahead of him.

a massive zebra

International Captain
In their recent Championship match against Middlesex, Hampshire appear to have got negative points! Is this an error? If not, how is this possible? Slow over rates?

91Jmay

International Coach
Terrific win for Gloucestershire.

Durham's T20 batting line up is so ordinary. Load of plodders.

Sussex look set for a monster total, but they might need it.

Aneurin Donald with a sparkling innings against Riaz et al.

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Sussex on paper have a super strong T20 side. Up there with the any domestic side in the world.
Bowling has some real options with quality variation and they got mustafizur to come in at some point. Batting I reckon is a little light tho. Wright and Nash both injury prone. Those two and Ross Taylor aside I have my doubts about the batting.

Kent look like they could have a good year. They've got some real batting power these days. Good top order options Bell-Drummond, Northeast but plenty of power and skill in the middle order - Stevens, Billings, Blake. Bowling is weaker but not bad.

Jack Taylor banned from bowling again. Shame. First time around it looked for sure like he was chucking it. This time I didn't think his action was too bad but I guess he slipped back into old habits. I don't see any of these fast bowlers with questionable actions ever seem to get done for chucking. Gordon, Morris last season, Finn for a time had a kink. I'm surprised Zafar Ansari hasn't been done yet either. He sometimes looks like he has quite a bit of elbow action when straining for turn.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Taylor was out playing in our competition over summer. Definite deterioration as he bowled more and more overs.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Really impressed by Joe Clarke's batting for Worcestershire on telly right now. The Westley/Borthwick/Stoneman option better enjoy his Test caps in the coming 12 months, because Clarke will soon be a thing.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah I am getting a bit excited about Clarke. Out now but 34 off 23 playing some great shots. Joe Root like player.