• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2016

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Feel like we really do need to get ahead the first few games though, not sure but I think this is the last game we will have Anderson playing for us. Anderson, Jarvis, Wagner, Kerrigan would be one of the better attacks but whoever replaces Annderson will be a massive step down.

cpr

International Coach
Goddamit, suppose I'll have to take a day off sledging Procter. If he goes on and gets a century I'm going to cry.

Bailey and Griffiths bowled pretty well for the 2nd XI against Derbyshire judging by the scorecard. Shame Smith only managed 8 overs all game, and none in the one dayer the other day, could really do with him being fit to bowl once Anderson goes.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just got back from a pretty good day at Edgbaston, sadly Treso was out before we arrived. Abell was good though, nothing fancy but very solid. Warks will be pretty happy though, expect Trott and Bell to enjoy themselves tomorrow.

Not going to talk about Hampshire.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Burke got smashed by glamorgan seconds last week so it's no particular surprise he's been taking to the cleaners by Bairstow and Root. Ansari out with his hand again. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a retirement from him this season.

Pothas

Just got back from a pretty good day at Edgbaston, sadly Treso was out before we arrived. Abell was good though, nothing fancy but very solid. Warks will be pretty happy though, expect Trott and Bell to enjoy themselves tomorrow.

Not going to talk about Hampshire.
So I got this pretty badly wrong, surprised, it looked so good for batting yesterday.

Scaly piscine

Shame the North v South is only 50 overs. Might give South a chance of being competitive over a short timeframe.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to see Bairstow and Root finding form for the test series. We know Cook is in good nick so at least we have some players in the runs.

Also nice that Anderson picked a few up yesterday. Lancashire made a good start to the season.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like we will only get the 3 batting points again, shame when you are only 2 wickets down but I think I can deal with that given I expected us to struggle to pass 250 this year.

Scaly piscine

Interesting the way they keep tweaking the points but bowling is still 1 point for taking 3 wickets in 110 overs. Which is ludicrous. It's like having batting points and giving them one for reaching 100. It will almost always happen regardless of how dire the performance is. It should be points at 5,7 and 9 wickets across 110 overs.