• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Commonwealth Bank Tri-Series

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why didn't Hussey have Mr. Cricket on the back of his shirt? Had it against South Africa I believe and at least with his performances it doesn't sound as pompous as it did in 2005 when he was still relatively green.
They like the swap the nicknames around a give some variety to them from what I have seen. A lot of them have different names this time around...

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's the first time I've seen Hilfenhaus bowl, impressive away swing. The perfect man to bowl at these two (Bell and Collingwood)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good bowling from Hilfenhaus, looks a talent. Collingwood looked very uncomfortable whilst facing him and just took the easy way out.

Craig

World Traveller
I have never seen such hitting into the stands at the SCG. SOme of Gilchrist's sixes were massiver, and if played on a county ground in England, surely a lot of them would have been lost down the road long ago.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I liked Triple J's commentary:

Michael Vaughan - 'Winston Churchill'
James Anderson - 'Watergate'
there was also a 'John Cleese' and a 'Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe'

in summary 'the reverse sweep got them back in the game'

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
So what would everyone pick as the side on Friday if Lee and Johnson are unfit? I think it's safe to say that White is ahead of Hogg and Harwood's fielding would count against him.

+Gilchrist
Hayden
*Ponting
Symonds
Hussey
Clarke
White
Hogg
Clark
Bracken
McGrath
------------
Hilfenhaus

I'd keep Hogg in the side to prevent too long a tail. Definitely wouldn't have a problem if Hilfenhaus were chosen instead. Lee will probably recover by Friday anyway.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway, Hilfenhaus was good again for his four overs. White bowled some nice deliveries too, albeit on a turning wicket, and batted well. Some pretty good signs.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
So what would everyone pick as the side on Friday if Lee and Johnson are unfit? I think it's safe to say that White is ahead of Hogg and Harwood's fielding would count against him.

+Gilchrist
Hayden
*Ponting
Symonds
Hussey
Clarke
White
Hogg
Clark
Bracken
McGrath
------------
Hilfenhaus

I'd keep Hogg in the side to prevent too long a tail. Definitely wouldn't have a problem if Hilfenhaus were chosen instead. Lee will probably recover by Friday anyway.
White ahead of Hogg? I don't think that would be the case if they were in direct competition. Hogg is a far better bowler, and if they want a spinner they have to pick him. They'll probably pick White as an all-rounder at 7 though, and pick a fourth seamer, since that's the path they're apparently considering for the World Cup, and it worked in the CT. Over the course of the series and the World Cup I'd say White is in competition with Watson more than Hogg. If Watson comes in for White, Hogg can bat at 8 if they want a spin option.

Anyway, I'd expect Hilfenhaus to get a debut if Lee and Johnson aren't fit.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I would definitely have White in there ahead of Hogg for his bowling alone if not the batting and fielding. That's got little to do with this game either. I'll have a dig of the post where I named by Best XI.

What the hell was that. Most unneccesary ceremony ever.