• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Commonwealth Bank Tri-Series 2007-08

pup11

International Coach
Hopes is injured apparently. Once Hopes was out, they decided they didn't want 20 overs of spin and that they didn't quite trust Hogg at #7, so we ended up with the side we have. Not really an awful decision, even though I would have preferred Noffke to come straight in for Hopes instead.
Ok i didn't knew that, but still as you said Haddin was not the ideal replacement.
Great knock this by Huss, long live Mr.Cricket!
EDIT: Lee gone, oh.......... ****..................

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't think Australia are quite out of this game yet. Obviously India will be hot favourites and rightly so, but even with a score of 175, I'd still give Australia some hope. Other than Tendulkar, India don't really have any particularly reliable batsmen in these conditions; Yuvraj and Dhoni have struggled against Australia on tour and the rest of the batsmen just aren't very good. Combine that with the awesome form of Lee and Bracken and it's far from completely over.

pup11

International Coach
I don't think Australia are quite out of this game yet. Obviously India will be hot favourites and rightly so, but even with a score of 175, I'd still give Australia some hope. Other than Tendulkar, India don't really have any particularly reliable batsmen in these conditions; Yuvraj and Dhoni have struggled against Australia on tour and the rest of the batsmen just aren't very good. Combine that with the awesome form of Lee and Bracken and it's far from completely over.
But we still need atleast 200-210 on this pitch, yeah Bracks and Lee are all in great form but still, its not easy to bowl freely when your defending a small target. Hussey needs to start farming the strike and hope for the best.
EDIT: Bracks gone, why the hell is Hussey exposing the tailenders, now he has to go for the big shots, and btw Princey that 175 looks a long way away now.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
But we still need atleast 200-210 on this pitch, yeah Bracks and Lee are all in great form but still, its not easy to bowl freely when your defending a small target. Hussey needs to start farming the strike and hope for the best.
I'm not saying Australia should be favourites, or that the game is on an even keel, at all. I'm merely saying it wouldn't surprise me a great deal if Australia won. India are quite obviously on top but I don't think Australia are out of it if they reach 175+.

Awful shot from Bracken as I type this.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Indians bowled well but 180 would not have been a bad score

Aus tail was absolutely woeful - all they had to do was block and Hussey would pick up runs yet everyone of them gave their wickets away

masterblaster

International Captain
A very professional performance by the Indian bowlers. We fielded fantastically and the main thing was the way the Indian's executed all their plans really well. Watching Ishant Sharma bowl today was really special and give him a few years and he'll be one of the best. Loved every minute of it today.

pup11

International Coach
Indians bowled well but 180 would not have been a bad score

Aus tail was absolutely woeful - all they had to do was block and Hussey would pick up runs yet everyone of them gave their wickets away
Yeah the Aussie tailenders were awful and due to that we don't even have a fighting total on the board, i agree 180-190 would have atleast given us a fighting chance, but still if all the bowlers click we can still make it interesting, i won't mind Johnson opening the bowling today, as there seems to be a little extra bounce and carry on this track, which he might exploit with the new ball.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Overall a good show by the Indian bowlers.......lets see how their batting holds up now. If they make 90-100 with losing more than 4 wickets then they will definately win it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
WTF? Defending 160 with two opening bowlers in great form.. and you only have one slip in the second over. Dire to say the least.

pup11

International Coach
India off to a flyer, now that was the last thing Aussies wanted, it just doesn't seem to be our day.

pup11

International Coach
I'm now convinced that the Indian attack is certainly better than the Sri Lankan one.
This just indicates that there is not enough young bowling talent coming through from Sri lanka and the current Sri lankan attack seems to be underachieving, but taking no credit away from this Indian attack they have bowled brilliantly on this tour and they have been better than the Sri Lankan bowling attack.
EDIT: Yessssssssssssssssssssss............. c'mon Bracks keep it going mate!

pup11

International Coach
4.5 Lee to Tendulkar, FOUR, back of a length, good lift, but he's right back and across in defence
4.3 Lee to Tendulkar, FOUR, sees width and commits himself to an expansive drive outside off stump, just picking the gap at cover and the ball raises away, was in the air but safe
4.2 Lee to Tendulkar, FOUR, back of a length on the stumps, defended

****............. Binger what are you doing mate.