• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Commentary Complaints Thread

Spark

Global Moderator
Agree with that

Dirk Nannes has a bit of fun when he is on with Gerard Whately that is worth a listen
Whateley is excellent. You can tell he's actually trained as a broadcaster, very good at asking good questions at the right times to lead the conversation in interesting directions, and he himself has curbed back sharing some of his own more idiosyncratic opinions and let the experts do more talking.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
BT needs another solid anchor in the comm box alongside Alison Mitchell desperately. - ideally someone like Bishop, Wessels, Pollock, Coney or even Graeme Smith. Far too much unnecessary chat from majority of the comms which permeates it as a spectacle

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Vaughan wants, besides four-day tests, coloured shirts with numbers in test cricket. Did anyone hear this?

S.Kennedy

He is obsessed with brightly coloured Australian gimmick cricket - he presents the Bish bosh for bt

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can understand Englishmen being justifiably jealous of most things Australian tbh, but in this instance I think Michael has it wrong.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ch9 clowns are beating the "intent" drum so hard this test. It was noticeable at the gabba, but they're going ****ing overboard here

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Ch9 clowns are beating the "intent" drum so hard this test. It was noticeable at the gabba, but they're going ****ing overboard here
Intent is the worst cliche in contemporary commentary. I am currently writing a PhD thesis.....so far I am about 2/3 of the way through (~65,000 words). I haven't used the word "intent" once

TheJediBrah

Ian Chappell is such a boring grumpy old ****

His stories are so painful and awkward to listen to

S.Kennedy

The comedy continues. BT are now showing Edgbaston 2005 highlights during the 'longer' interval.

Gnske

Can I just say how glad I am that so many cricketing memories over the last 10 or 15 years are to the tune of Michael Slater's irreplaceable voice.

mr_mister

Man channel 9 is ****ing boring wankery compared to Triple M

They talk about such interesting and raw topics. Mark Waugh being very honest on his opinion on England's batting order, Kerry O'Keefe blurting out 'you can't cut first rock' when Moeen played a bad shot first ball. Tufnell also is so bloody blunt I love it

Don't know why KP was celebrating so hard for Lyon lol

Burgey

Man channel 9 is ****ing boring wankery compared to Triple M

They talk about such interesting and raw topics. Mark Waugh being very honest on his opinion on England's batting order, Kerry O'Keefe blurting out 'you can't cut first rock' when Moeen played a bad shot first ball. Tufnell also is so bloody blunt I love it

Don't know why KP was celebrating so hard for Lyon lol
Yeah, but Brayshaw.