• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Big Bash League

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
but it is South Australia

Tim Cruikshank
Chris Gayle (C)
Rob Quiney
David Hussey
Shahid Afridi
Alfonso Thomas
Matthew Wade
Dirk Nannes
Stuart MacGill
Luke Doran
Shaun Tait

Liam Davis

bolded probably leaving. TIMMEH C

Spikey

cweb head2head has no player limit and no knockout rounds. if you guys want knockout rounds....

Spikey

i also didn't invite mark waugh or damien fleming to either league. once again if you want them....

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Right, from what I can gather RE: supplementary lists; James Crosthwaite has been listed by the Renegades, while Ben Oakley (ACT) and Daniel Salpietro by the Adelaide Strikers.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Hughes pulls out of Big bash league

Under-siege Test opener Phil Hughes is pulling out of the Big Bash League so he can focus on first-class cricket.

The problem for Hughes is there's no first-class games on the horizon for NSW until February. Cricket Australia has cleared its domestic schedule to showcase the BBL Twenty20 from December 16 to January 28.

So unless Hughes hits a double century for the CA Chairman's XI against India on December 19-21 in Canberra and retains his place for the Boxing Day Test, his focus will simply be on Western Suburbs in the Sydney grade competition.

Advertisement: Story continues below
Hughes' manager James Henderson said Hughes was not looking beyond next week and hopefully hitting a big score in Canberra and retaining his Test spot.

"He's recognising he's got to work harder," Henderson told AAP.

"He sat down with `Pup' (Test skipper Michael Clarke) yesterday over breakfast and he threw it up to him (the idea of stepping away from BBL).

"Should he be dropped, as things happen next week we can make further announcements from there."

While Henderson didn't want to go into detail, it's understood Hughes may head to Brisbane for a short stint at the Centre of Excellence as part of his focus on red-ball cricket.

Hughes said he had made the decision to walk out on BBL Twenty20 team Sydney Thunder after consultation with Clarke and national coach Mickey Arthur.

"Following my performances over the last few months, I have decided that right now I need to completely focus on my first-class cricket career," the 23-year-old said in a statement.

"Selfishly it's the right decision for me but I'm obviously concerned that I have made this decision on the eve of the Thunder's first game (on December 17)."

Hughes averages 34.58 in his 17-Test career and his top score in the recent two-Test series against New Zealand was 20.

Sydney Thunder general manager John Dyson and CA team performance general manager Pat Howard were also consulted by Hughes.

Test team-mates Shane Watson and Brad Haddin offered strong support for Hughes, describing him as a player of rare talent.

"There's no doubt he's got the skill and talent to be able to go and make a few adjustments to the things he needs to and come back a better player and a better person," Watson said.

Haddin said Hughes, who has hit three centuries in 17 Tests, had a proven ability to make big scores.

"If he thinks that (stepping away from T20) is the best for him moving forward, I think that's a good thing," Haddin said.

Meanwhile Howard announced seven players will go back to school at a special batting camp in Melbourne on December 20-22.

Test batsmen Clarke, Haddin, Watson, Shaun Marsh, Ricky Ponting, Mike Hussey and back-up allrounder Dan Christian have been invited to the camp.

Haddin denied the batting camp was a sign of panic after Australia's shock loss to New Zealand in Monday's second Test in Hobart.

"No it's not (alarm bells)," Haddin said.

"It's just preparation for a big Test series."

Hughes will join Australia team-mates David Warner and Usman Khawaja and Test hopeful Ed Cowan in representing the Chairman's XI against India.
Phil Hughes turns back on Big Bash League

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shame, he'd be ideal to come in down the order and average 20-30 and keep nicking the ball through a vacant 2nd/3rd slip for 4.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Perversely I think T20 could do Hughes some good. He seems to be double guessing himself and just needs to go out there and play instinctively. Feel sorry for the bloke as he seems to work very hard at his game.

hazsa19

International Regular
Perversely I think T20 could do Hughes some good. He seems to be double guessing himself and just needs to go out there and play instinctively. Feel sorry for the bloke as he seems to work very hard at his game.
Are you Justin Langer?