• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 12 - 2022/23

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's ridiculous. If I was a rival team I'd try and poach him by promising a top 5 batting spot and I wouldn't regret it. Him batting behind Nielsen & Manenti, even Kelly, is bull****

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Manenti has had a really good domestic season with the bat tbf, averaging 38 @ a sr of 80 in the shield and 32 @105 in the marsh cup. Rashid should have come in ahead of neilsen.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
It's ridiculous. If I was a rival team I'd try and poach him by promising a top 5 batting spot and I wouldn't regret it. Him batting behind Nielsen & Manenti, even Kelly, is bull****
While there are definitely times (tonight being one of them) where Rashid should get a promotion in the batting order, regular top 5 is a bridge too far imo. Not consistent enough for that really

TheJediBrah

While there are definitely times (tonight being one of them) where Rashid should get a promotion in the batting order, regular top 5 is a bridge too far imo. Not consistent enough for that really
Of course. He should be coming in no later than the 14th or 15th over in most games regardless of batting order.

I'm saying I would give him a top 5 spot if it got him into my side though

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Of course. He should be coming in no later than the 14th or 15th over in most games regardless of batting order.

I'm saying I would give him a top 5 spot if it got him into my side though
Ahh I see. Fortunately he seems pretty loyal, looked like he wanted to return here to Adelaide every bit as much as the Strikers wanted to retain him

Lyth going about as well as he did in the 2015 Ashes here

TheJediBrah

These 2 teams probably have the best bowling lineups in the comp.
Strikers really shouldn't on paper, but relative no-names like Thornton and even Matt Short have been overperforming massively

and that is some of the dumbest batting I've ever seen. Imagine getting caught on the fence, to a half tracker, when they only have 2 men out