• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand

BeeGee

International Captain
I like that Henry is into his 7th over of this spell. He's best bowling at the start.

If he can hack it, I'd have him bowl all ten.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Don't know what's Bangladesh is doing here scoring at 3s. One is on 4 off 29 and another on 7 off 22 :huh:

ataraxia

International Coach
Scotty calling a left-hander's fine leg "third man" on multiple occasions shows you all you need to know about his competency as a cricket commentator.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
BD should look to fill their U19 WC chaps in between & build a team around guys like Liton Sarkar & Mehidy. Don't think seniors are leading them anywhere.

nzfan

That was a very poor game by Bangladesh. Bad bowling, dropped catches and no idea how to bat.

At the moment Black caps are playing a very superior game in comparison to some of the nations I agree but there were some very poor passage of play from Bangladesh.

How superior we are will be found out right after this series.

I reckon it's time to sit back and watch Finn Allen flay the attack I hope.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Similar thing happened to Wagner. New Zealand domestic cricket does seem to get the best out of whoever comes in, it's like the Shield back in the 90's/00's.
Wagner's a bit more understandable though, he was only 21 when he moved to NZ, and he didn't really start becoming a consistent performer until he was 23/24. Conway was already 25 when he moved to NZ, you would've thought he would've found his groove by then.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
That was a very poor game by Bangladesh. Bad bowling, dropped catches and no idea how to bat.

At the moment Black caps are playing a very superior game in comparison to some of the nations I agree but there were some very poor passage of play from Bangladesh.

How superior we are will be found out right after this series.

I reckon it's time to sit back and watch Finn Allen flay the attack I hope.

Be careful. Sooooo many dropped catches

jcas0167

International Debutant
Steve Smith - esque turnaround in quality
It seems like his quality was glaringly obvious to astute judges like former South African test cricketer Ray White. Here he is in 2010 comparing the 19 year old Conway to Jacques Kallis and Graeme Pollock after watching him play first class cricket. Apparently, Conway had notched up 40 centuries as a schoolboy cricketer, that is similar to Williamson.

Mostly he hits the ball along the ground. He is unusually adept, for someone so young, at picking up singles and rotating the strike. He reminds one of Graeme Pollock with his ability to dispatch the bad and not-so-bad balls to the boundary. He outscored his partners throughout both of his innings, including Ravi Bopara, the England Test player.

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Wagner's a bit more understandable though, he was only 21 when he moved to NZ, and he didn't really start becoming a consistent performer until he was 23/24. Conway was already 25 when he moved to NZ, you would've thought he would've found his groove by then.
Really I think this is a good summary, Wagner played about two or three games in proper FC cricket in South Africa before coming over at 22, didn't do much in said games but probably would have got more domestic oppurtunities back there. Conway is different as he had plenty of oppurtunities with both the Lions and Dolphins but couldn't make use of them, certainly was a 3 day bully of the highest order back in the day

I do certainly rate Conway, but it can't possibly be argued he was denied oppurtunity back in South Africa

The Hutt Rec

It seems like his quality was glaringly obvious to astute judges like former South African test cricketer Ray White. Here he is in 2010 comparing the 19 year old Conway to Jacques Kallis and Graeme Pollock after watching him play first class cricket. Apparently, Conway had notched up 40 centuries as a schoolboy cricketer, that is similar to Williamson.
Pretty much exactly what I thought seeing him play his first innings for the Firebirds.

No idea what and HOW?! it went not so great for him in South Africa, but thank goodness it did. King Conway is already a Kiwi sporting legend.

Flem274*

123/5
Really I think this is a good summary, Wagner played about two or three games in proper FC cricket in South Africa before coming over at 22, didn't do much in said games but probably would have got more domestic oppurtunities back there. Conway is different as he had plenty of oppurtunities with both the Lions and Dolphins but couldn't make use of them, certainly was a 3 day bully of the highest order back in the day

I do certainly rate Conway, but it can't possibly be argued he was denied oppurtunity back in South Africa
i think he arrived in nz just as siddons was being cleared out.

given how much better wellington are now, and how regardless of future results conway has certainly blossomed compared to his south african struggles, i think the influence of domestic coaching on the fortunes of the national side cannot be overstated. those coaches build the players the national coach receives and has to carry the can for.

god imagine what that spud siddons would have done to conway over several years.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Whats the chance of seeing both milne and lock in the same squad this series? Would be a historic for us seeing 2 lads bowling 150. First time ever. Hugely excited to see it and it would make sense as their economy rates in t20 are exceptional. Some of our best in fact. Eng have wood archer, aus have cumcloth starc, lets see milne ferg!