• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Zimbabwe, 2013

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh falling to pieces now, this is like schoolboy cricket, should the follow-on be enforced? The pace bowlers have worked very hard today...

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
I like to see Zimbabwe come out and hit a quick 200-250 and give Bangladesh a day and a half on a deterioating 5th day pitch

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I like to see Zimbabwe come out and hit a quick 200-250 and give Bangladesh a day and a half on a deterioating 5th day pitch
I know nothing about Zim pitches except that they are a bit like South Africa, will it deteriorate much? And if it does, will it help the spinners or the fast bowlers more?

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
In Harare I would say it will assist the quicks more. Harare pitches have a habit of uneven bounce on the last day.

the big bambino

International Captain
Incredible. 4 ducks and the last 5 wkts lost on the same score. Zimbucks batting again. Plenty of time so no real need to enforce the follow on.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Argh, can't believe Zimbabwe chose not to enforce the follow on. Jarvis bowling like a dream and the Bangladeshis completely demoralised. I can understand why they'd want to avoid batting last, but I honestly don't think that would've been a problem in this case.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
No matter how good Shakib is, you can't take a half fit player into a five-day match. Not sure if he played any sort of match recently, it's only 2-3 weeks that he started training. I'm not trying to be too harsh on the best cricketer of the country but it was wrong decision to play half fit Shakib imo. Mahmudullah is completely out of sorts. I watched him closely today. He was playing every delivery pretty early with no timing or footwork. I'm not particularly happy that Nafees came into the test team riding on good two-three bpl knocks, he is still a walking wicket.

All the recent good batting performance came on flat tracks mostly so I was particularly interested to see how the team performs on these kind of pitches. Pretty disappointed tbh.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Gosh Taylor is to the rest of this Zimbabwean batting lineup as Crowe was to the the NZ batting lineup in the mid 90's. An international quality cricketer playing amongst club batsmen.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Gosh Taylor is to the rest of this Zimbabwean batting lineup as Crowe was to the the NZ batting lineup in the mid 90's. An international quality cricketer playing amongst club batsmen.
Do you think Taylor is the third best Zim bat of all time? I think its 1 Flower 2 Houghton 3 Taylor.

I rate him above Grant Flower for sure.