• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Zimbabwe, 2013

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
****, looks like I've missed a lot while out tonight.

Not a displeasing scorecard to come home to but they really need to make something of what's left in this innings now.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know, Murray Goodwin was a superb batsman, even if he didn't play that much cricket for Zim.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
The thing about Goodwin is he had guys like the Flowers, Whittall, Campbell, Johnson etc down the other end for support. Taylor doesn't have that support from the rest of the batsmen or not in any kind of consistency. Zimbabwe really need to do something about their top 3

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
another wicket goes, but I feel as if Gazi is being underbowled, Shakib should stay out of the attack...

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
the game is just drifting now, Bangladesh need Robiul to bowl non-stop! Although there seems to be something in it for the spinners as there have been a few shouts and close calls.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Bangas deserve this tbh. How long will they keep making these godawful selections?
The guy who averaged 50+ in the last series sits out for Nafees, who has done **** all.
Rubel has Sami-esque average and still gets picked for some reason.

Good on Robiul though, looked absolute dross in England, looks like he's improved massively.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Zimbabwe's selection for this game was even worse.
Nah, doubt it tbh. Anywho they've been ****ing up their selection for far too long. I bet Abul would've played had he not been injured along with Rubel, that'd have been just :laugh:

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Great batting by Taylor again with support from Cremer and Meth. Given how much time is left in the game, I'm not sure whether the declaration was a little too aggressive. BD could easily chip away at the lead to the point where they are in the prime position. The pitch seems to have held up well for batting so far.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Great batting by Taylor again with support from Cremer and Meth. Given how much time is left in the game, I'm not sure whether the declaration was a little too aggressive. BD could easily chip away at the lead to the point where they are in the prime position. The pitch seems to have held up well for batting so far.
480 runs of sustained 3 an over scoring on a 4th/5th day pitch is an extremely tough ask, especially because the Zim seamers are troubling the Bangladeshi batsmen. The pitch is also taking turn apparently, so Cremer the wrist spinner will come into it.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon Bangladesh should just go for it. Their batsmen just don't have the discipline to survive for 5 and a half sessions on a wearing pitch. If the go on the attack and get a couple of good sessions under their belt, it could cause Zimbabwe to panic. Unlikely, but they've a better chance of winning this than drawing it from here, imo.