• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Zimbabwe, 2013

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So pleased to see Cremer finally making some use of his undoubted batting ability. His Test batting record was a joke before this innings; hell I don't even think he's done anywhere near as well in domestic cricket with the bat as he should have.

The fact that I got into an argument with someone yesterday who said he should be batting below Meth and Shingi makes it sweeter. :p

the big bambino

International Captain
I was about to ask what sort of speeds he hits. So around mid 130s I presume? Just checked a short youtube clip of him taking 5 against NZ. He swung them in and out on that admittedly short clip and looks more than handy.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I was about to ask what sort of speeds he hits. So around mid 130s I presume? Just checked a short youtube clip of him taking 5 against NZ. He swung them in and out on that admittedly short clip and looks more than handy.
Yeah, he was a real tearaway quick when he first hit the scene; bowled 140+ but had a terrible domestic record and unsurprisingly bowled wayward pies internationally as well. He had a few injuries though and remodelled his action; he's come back a slower (low to mid 130s) but far, far better bowler for doing so. You can really tell how much he's just straight up copied McGrath from certain angles but that's not exactly a bad thing.

He stints with Central Districts in New Zealand have noticeably improved his bowling as well; it's something I think ZC should be encouraging rather than punishing like they did with Vusi.

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Wickets with new ball is crucial. As we have seen in the previous Innings, it gets difficult to pick up wickets here once the ball fades away

stumpski

International Captain
Zimbabwe would have taken 389 at the start I reckon - and it's at least 50 more than looked likely at one stage. Classic captain's knock from Taylor, visitors under pressure going into day three.

cricman

International 12th Man
How would a Combined Bangladesh/Zimbabwe XI fare?

Hypothecially

1. Tamim Iqbal
4. Brendan Taylor
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Mushfiqr Rahim
7. Nasir Hossian
8. Mahmudullah (?)
10. Kyle Jarvis

Challis

U19 12th Man
Both teams have a dearth of top order batsmen, but have decent middle order options and the bowlers will consist of Zimbabwe pacers and BD spinners. I would go for something like this:-

Tamim Iqbal
Hamilton Masakadza
Ashraful / Anamul Haque
Brendan Taylor (C)
Nasir Hossain
Shakib
Mushfiqur (WK)
Sohag Gazi / Brian Vitori
Keegan Meth
Shingi Masakadza
Kyle Jarvis

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
Hmmm. Might have to check him out too. I don't have a feed on this match so just been catching up on cricinfo's commentary. Looks like scoring is slow and the fielding a little sloppy.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I would say Bangladesh are well placed currently, they have along batting list with Sohag Gazi and they seem to be handling the seamers OK, it'l be interesting to see if Cremer can get anything out of the pitch.

Challis

U19 12th Man
Oh my I thought this type of collapse was behind us, don't know what to say, I knew that the batsmen would struggle but didn't think it would be this bad

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
As a Zimbabwean fan I couldn't be happier. Great bowling by Shingi and Meth and it's refreshing to see other pace bowlers supporting Jarvis. Nasir Hossain is the key wicket here. For some reason as someone who doesn't really follow Bangladesh cricket, I've taken a shining to Nasir. I think he's an incredibly underrated batsman but can't help wonder why he doesn't bat higher in the order. I think he's wasted at 7 despite how well he bats with the tail. Anyway, looking forward to the next session.