• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2017

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The question is is this all about BD's maturity as a team or SL's decline? To be beaten like that at home is just pathetic really and it's looking more and more like SL will be going through a very tough spell over these next few years. Which is crazy when you consider the beating they gave Australia not too long ago.
Bit of both, SL are a shadow of their former self & Bangers have definitely improved, although they showed they were still hopeless in non-SC conditions, losing every single match on the recent tour of NZ.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
SL were without Mathews, Malinga, Dickwella in this game. In saying that, teams definitely have to perform close to 100% to knock off Bangladesh now. They understand how to bat through 50 overs effectively and are able to adapt to different situations, not unlike Afghanistan tbh. I didn't follow SL's batting but their lineup is very hit and miss.

viriya

International Captain
I feel like this series will be looked at years from now as the point where Bangladesh got the upper hand of Sri Lanka. With the population difference I can see Ban being better than SL for the foreseeable future - especially after Herath retires SL will be easy pickings probably.

SillyCowCorner1

Thisara almost came with the unexpected, when he was hitting mashrafe for those consecutive boundaries, looked like the chase was on...but it quickly derailed.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Delayed post from me as was working yesterday but congrats to Bangla on what looks like an absolute whipping of us! Can't believe we won the toss and chose to chase?UT is a good player but he is not a good captain

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Delayed post from me as was working yesterday but congrats to Bangla on what looks like an absolute whipping of us! Can't believe we won the toss and chose to chase?UT is a good player but he is not a good captain
It was a huge strategical mistake by SL to bowl first. Could have been a different game if SL batted first.

srbhkshk

International Captain
I am late but I am really happy that Bangladesh are finally equal to the other big sides, also hoping SL (and WI in tests) will find a way to improve. More the number of teams at the top level, more exciting is the game.

vcs

Fizzy has been really bad today. Bangladesh have tightened things up a bit.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Fizz is overrated. I knew he was never the same after his injury. Taskin looked like the best bowler today. Rain might have saved Bangladesh as more than 300 has never been chased there before. Could've easily restricted them to less than 290.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
game has been abandoned. Just out of curiosity, does Mendis still get the ton he scored on his records or is it lost as the game wasn't completed?