• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Pakistan

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
LOL @ the ridiculous run rate. 10 runs an over for the last ten overs, and 6 runs an over, overall.

What's the record for most number of runs scored in a day since the 90 over introduction? At this rate, they'll be 500 by stumps....
That should go into somebody's signature:laugh:
That should go into somebody's signature:laugh:

Haha, yes, I'm an idiot. I thought it was a Test. :p This is why I always watch games live. One time I don't, this is what happens. :D

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Ugh, one step forwards, two steps backwards, as ever. Haven't seen any so can't comment, but clearly Mahmudullah and Ashraful (in particular) should not be expected to play the role of a fifth bowler. Why we can't play four bowlers plus Saqibul Hasan I don't know.

How I long for Alok Kapali to come good. Or we have a proper seam-up allrounder.

Aritro

International Regular
Ugh, one step forwards, two steps backwards, as ever. Haven't seen any so can't comment, but clearly Mahmudullah and Ashraful (in particular) should not be expected to play the role of a fifth bowler. Why we can't play four bowlers plus Saqibul Hasan I don't know.

How I long for Alok Kapali to come good. Or we have a proper seam-up allrounder.
As far as I'm concerned, after Rafique's retirement we no longer have enough quality to go into matches with a three man spin attack.

And it's absolutely criminal to leave Rasel out of any Bangladesh ODI team. In fact, I'm an advocate of selecting both him and Shahadat to form a three man seam attack with Mortaza. They're our three most potent wicket-takers, and you don't win games of cricket, even if they're ODIs, if you don't have enough firepower to bowl a side out.

Shahadat's potential as a limited overs bowler may have seemed questionable a couple of years ago, but he's completely re-invented himself as a hit-the-right-areas, seam up type now, and his new re-modelled action has cost him quite a bit of pace while affording greater accuracy.

It'll all be a bit pointless if we don't actually use him.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Whatever happened to Enamul Haque Jr - he was the next hot SLA on India's last tour (not 2007) and was very young then (18?). Why is he not in the running to be the third spinner (of course Mohammad Rafique was a vital bat too).

Speaking of "jr", does that mean "sr" , his father?, was a cricketer too? Would be too old for tests given BD started in 2000.

Aritro

International Regular
He's offically around 22 now I think, but he's also one of the better documented age-cheats in Bangladesh. He'd be nearer 24 in reality.

He's never in consideration for ODIs. His semi-Paul Adamsesque bowling action makes him a bit of a liability when it comes to containment bowling.

The reason we tack 'jnr.' onto the end of his name is because we had an off-spinner of the same name who was a stalwart of our side when we were an Associate nation in the 90s.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
As if Mortaza, Shadadat, Rasel, Razzak and Al-Hasan shouldn't be the ODI bowling attack. Makes no sense not to go with it.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
He's offically around 22 now I think, but he's one of the better documented age-cheats in Bangladesh. He'd be nearer 24.

He's never in consideration for ODIs. His semi-Paul Adamsesque bowling action makes him a bit of a liability when it comes to containment bowling.

The reason we tack 'jnr.' onto the end of his name is because we had an off-spinner of the same name who was a stalwart of our side when we were an Associate nation in the 90s.
And what of Shahadat Hossain? Was he dropped or is he injured?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently Younis Khan was threatening to pull out of yesterday’s game due to his questioning by the ICC’s anti-corruption team. Khan wasn’t best pleased about being interviewed and only decided to play at the eleventh hour.

Aritro

International Regular
And what of Shahadat Hossain? Was he dropped or is he injured?
He's never selected in ODIs. Some wayward bowling early on his career has seen him being typecast as a test bowler. It's time that changed IMO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Apparently Younis Khan was threatening to pull out of yesterday’s game due to his questioning by the ICC’s anti-corruption team. Khan wasn’t best pleased about being interviewed and only decided to play at the eleventh hour.
I really like Younis Khan, but FFS he's a whinger. Will throw his toys whenever he's given the opportunity.

You get the feeling he's sick of the PCB, which is fair enough, but what surprises me is he didn't take his cricket kit and just go to the ICL with the cash.

Still reckon he's a gun though. Big fan, just wish he'd stop crying all the time.