• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in India 2019

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean in real life they just say "hawk eye". But technically if you can say 'baaz aankh' (which would be Hawk Eye), 'baaz ki aankh' which would be Hawk's Eye. Or per google trasnlate 'Aankh marna', which is technically means 'killing with an eye', but the actual translation means "winking" at someone.
different usage I guess.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
It's nice to see Saha being written about and getting some time in the side. Far and away the better keeper in the running, but do wonder if he'll be persisted with abroad, especially if they stick to their Jadeja at 6 policy.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
It's been a while since I've listened to Hindi commentary:

1. It's terrible.
  2. They still use English. The dude just said 'usne full face of the bat use kiya'. Like come on, get actual native Hindi speakers on, if you're going to do it at all.
  3. I have a headache.
It could be worse. I heard a commentator once say "bat ka chehra khola" to mean "opening the face of bat".

I like how Laxman uses pure Hindi words even with a Hyderabadi accent.

morgieb

Why do we not have a no commentary option ffs
Are there any Indian commentators that everyone actually likes? Dravid was good but I haven't heard him do it for ages, Ganguly started off decently but has since turned into a drone. I actually quite like Harsha but am aware he's not everyone's cup of tea.

Burgey

Harsha better on radio than tv imo. Word salads suck on tv (and on here as well, *****) much more than on radio

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Are there any Indian commentators that everyone actually likes? Dravid was good but I haven't heard him do it for ages, Ganguly started off decently but has since turned into a drone. I actually quite like Harsha but am aware he's not everyone's cup of tea.
Guys like Manjrekar destroy whatever decent reputation a lot of others have.

OverratedSanity

Harsha better on radio than tv imo. Word salads suck on tv (and on here as well, *****) much more than on radio
True, but he's still fine on tv as well. He can be annoying at times but you take that any day over the sheer incompetence of the likes of Karthik and siva. They should not be any where near a mic.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
LS is excellent value when talking about spinners though. And is extremely sharp with the DRS observations off spinners too. To me, I will take that sort of incompetence over most other BS that passes for commentary these days. Manjrekar is horrifically bad at all levels. At least with the other Indian commentators, you know where they are good and where they are not. All round abusive BS is what Manjrekar's speciality is, almost as bad as the Channel 9 crew in the 2010s.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I've really enjoyed his radio work any time he's been out here. Also a critical part of Skull's finest:

Bijed

International Regular
Poor Saha, when he doesn't come in and have to slog straight away he just gets stranded instead

Daemon

Feel like Bangladesh came into this Test focusing too hard on leaving the pink ball. They’ve been a bit too keen to do so and as a result tentative whenever they actually play at something.

One or two practice sessions can’t prepare you for such things unless you’re Smith.

OverratedSanity

India have already pretty much qualified for the championship final right? This frontloaded schedule against not great teams at home has given them a massive advantage.

Although, tbf I wouldnt call the windies at home pushovers, england cant beat them even though they use the duke there.

Last edited: