• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in India 2019

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
No surprises if India get bundled out in the post dinner session. Incredibly tough conditions for batting with the ball darting around. Luckily for them, the Bangla pacers have been well short than the ideal full length.

Edit: Unless dew has a say

Last edited:

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Bangladesh haven't bowled badly at all. Could have been helped by a better total on board. Great weekend on cards.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I quite like the look of this Ebadat Hossain. A lot of raw talent, has to be harnessed. The other two seamers are pretty good too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Of the 5 concussion substitutes in test cricket so far, 4 have been induced by Indian fast bowlers... - Harsha.

Unreal times indeed. :)

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Kohli becomes the fastest to 5000 runs as captain in test match history. In just 86 innings. Averages 63 when captain, 41 otherwise.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Ishant is averaging 26 since beginning of 2014 (43 tests and around 140 wickets). That is really impressive. His experience is a big asset and I dont think he should make way for Bumrah. It has to be Umesh. Or at this rate india might simply drop Ashwin to accommodate 4 pacers. At home as well.

Yep crazy times indeed.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Which would be stupid. I wont be dropping Ashwin for a seamer anywhere, really. Unless Jadeja is batting at 6 and they wanna play someone like Bhuvi. Umesh has forever been a liability away from home and nothing about his bowling right now suggests anything will have changed. He is still prone to bowling easy 4 balls on the legs and his pace has actually gone down a bit more. His skiddy lengths are an asset only in the tracks you get in India and maybe few other places in Asia.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It's been a while since I've listened to Hindi commentary:

1. It's terrible.
  2. They still use English. The dude just said 'usne full face of the bat use kiya'. Like come on, get actual native Hindi speakers on, if you're going to do it at all.
  3. I have a headache.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
How is it pronounced?
I mean in real life they just say "hawk eye". But technically if you can say 'baaz aankh' (which would be Hawk Eye), 'baaz ki aankh' which would be Hawk's Eye. Or per google trasnlate 'Aankh marna', which is technically means 'killing with an eye', but the actual translation means "winking" at someone.