• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2014/15

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
God the media are just a pack of ****s. Sporting, political or general news. They're just a bunch of gormless hacks. Despise them.

howardj

International Coach
THat's one of the sad realities of 24 hour news channels and sites

Too much space to fill - they have to pick over the entrails of everything and fill spaces

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was running past the ground as helicopter was arriving and walked in to see what was happening

Lots of distressed people and there was obvious a real fear that blow could prove fatal

NSW official told me he was hit in throat/neck area

Spikey

God the media are just a pack of ****s. Sporting, political or general news. They're just a bunch of gormless hacks. Despise them.
I'm much more concerned about the pictures etc than that ABC tweet tbh. (and also CA retweeting every single professional cricketer's opinion on this)

Burgey

FWIW Peter Lalor tweeted Hughes was breathing when he left the ground. One would think if he wasn't they'd have used the air ambulance, though St Vincents is very close b the SCG in any event.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm much more concerned about the pictures etc than that ABC tweet tbh. (and also CA retweeting every single professional cricketer's opinion on this)
yeah the abc tweet falls into the "dumb" as opposed to "disturbing" category

Burgey

I was running past the ground as helicopter was arriving and walked in to see what was happening

Lots of distressed people and there was obvious a real fear that blow could prove fatal

NSW official told me he was hit in throat/neck area
Must have got an artery or something. the poor bugger. it's such a freak thing.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He was obviously in really bad shape - officials put a screen up around him and the cops ******ed all media out of the ground

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
From what I saw Warner was the main one to realise how serious it was, screamed for an ambulance, etc. WAG Davey.

ajdude

International Coach
FWIW Peter Lalor tweeted Hughes was breathing when he left the ground. One would think if he wasn't they'd have used the air ambulance, though St Vincents is very close b the SCG in any event.
only thing with transporting via helicopter is pressurization could affect the area around the brain. same with how you hear about footballers etc who suffer concussion having to drive back instead of fly back

howardj

International Coach
From what I saw Warner was the main one to realise how serious it was, screamed for an ambulance, etc. WAG Davey.
It was lovely to see the genuine care and urgency they showed - cricket is like that, full of good people

El Nino

School Boy/Girl Captain
Feel sick to my stomach, We both played in Worcester in 2012, went out quite a few times together, a great man who was always popular with everyone.