• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2014/15

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haha, saw a few tweets about it.

It's like all the other guys writing about state cricket for News Ltd look up to Ben Dorries or something...

Mark Hayes was good for the Sun, but now he's off with Golf Australia I think.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So brilliant from Siddle, what a man. Special shout out to Ludes who top scored for the Redbacks against a scarily great pace bowler.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tears of joy. Possibly the best thing the Vics have done since the days of Ian Harvey

Spikey

Just noticed that Ben Horne has filled the spot that opened up when Conn left. He's pretty solid. Used to be AAP I think. No Dorries or Dicky that's for sure

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The Shield scheduling doesn't seem to fit with the International calendar so much this year. I thought last round should have started a day earlier (I can't remember now why I thought that, but hey it goes with the point I'm making now) and this round should start on the Saturday when there is no ODI on instead of making the first day and final day of the Shield on days when the ODIs are on.
Just to add to this, there should be Shield matches starting today too. It would mean all the candidates around the country would get one more hit or one more bowl before the selectors announce the Test squad - I really don't think making the announcement on Tuesday (Which would be day 4 if I was scheduling) would be a problem.

Spikey

Gav_Joshi_Aus @Gampa_cricket · 5h 5 hours ago
Michael Clarke likely to bat for Wests in grade cricket next week. To ensure Clarke bats next week Wests have declared 1st inns on 0/18

Parramatta then declared 20 overs later

Sydney Grade Cricket

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
That Rob Keogh a Pom? Not a bad player.

Declaration backfired, should have just taken the chance to bat for 190 overs.

Seriously though, should have offered a proper chance of it being a 10 point game; try to get to 200 as quick as possible, declare and put the heat on the opposition, make sure that Clarke gets a hit next week.

the big bambino

International Captain
Well if the selectors would just hold naming the team until some point late into the next shield round (though preferably just after its completion) no one at grade level would have thought to believe they would have had to do this.