• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2010/11

TumTum

Banned
I'm uploading some short highlights of that Blewett 214*, and the 1st innings 169*. I taped all of what was shown here and still have it. I am bored and i hate cup day. Stay tuned....might even take some requests while i'm at it. I dont usually upload cricket to you tube but seeing as hardly anyone wouldve actually seen his amazing batting i'll do it!
:-O Do you have Ponting's 257 at MCG?

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
:-O Do you have Ponting's 257 at MCG?
Sure, thats not rare at all, There's that Ponting and Gilly dvd thats been out for ages, has tons of Ponting hundreds on it including the 257. Cant upload that though, dont know how to splice up a commercial dvd. Go to Kmart or wherever and buy it! Its called The New Guard, been out for a few years actually.

Ive got the whole innings ball by ball but 8 or so hours is a bit long for you tube! In fact ive already hit a snag, you tube is telling me its going to take 623 mins to upload my 8 min blewett innings, stuff it.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
I like Ferguson, but he's just the next "young player that CA/selectors will back at all costs" player in Australian cricket. Some see it as a good thing, others don't. Who knows. All I know is it happens every few years. Michael Clarke was one, Steven Smith is the current one, and Ferguson looks the goods too.

You can sort of tell when they've given someone the official nod of approval.
The difference, I feel, is that with Clarke and Smith when they first came on everyone with half a brain and an eye could tell that these were immensely talented players. Ferguson is talented, yes, but is he that talented that he deserves to get in above two guys with a test average of 50 (Hussey and Hughes) and above a guy who averages well over 50 in FC cricket, which is about 15-20 more than his own FC average?

TumTum

Banned
Sure, thats not rare at all, There's that Ponting and Gilly dvd thats been out for ages, has tons of Ponting hundreds on it including the 257. Cant upload that though, dont know how to splice up a commercial dvd. Go to Kmart or wherever and buy it! Its called The New Guard, been out for a few years actually.

Ive got the whole innings ball by ball but 8 or so hours is a bit long for you tube! In fact ive already hit a snag, you tube is telling me its going to take 623 mins to upload my 8 min blewett innings, stuff it.
Ah sweet didn't know that.

Does it include Ponting's twin centuries against SA at SCG?

Also would you happen to have Mitch's 124* and 96* in SA? That was the best hitting I have ever seen.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Ah sweet didn't know that.

Does it include Ponting's twin centuries against SA at SCG?

Also would you happen to have Mitch's 124* and 96* in SA? That was the best hitting I have ever seen.
Dude I have every aussie match since 1979. You know I have heaps! Never missed taping a match. Or very rarely anyway.

The Ponting dvd came out in 2005 I think so doesnt have the Sa knocks, I have made short highlights and I can upload them if i can find a way for it to not take the rest of my life to upload.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The difference, I feel, is that with Clarke and Smith when they first came on everyone with half a brain and an eye could tell that these were immensely talented players. Ferguson is talented, yes, but is he that talented that he deserves to get in above two guys with a test average of 50 (Hussey and Hughes) and above a guy who averages well over 50 in FC cricket, which is about 15-20 more than his own FC average?
Smith's different altogether in that there were no realistic options. No-one had actually put up solid numbers with the ball as a spinner in the Shield so the picked the one who also averaged 45+ with the bat. Clarke was a few years younger than Ferguson when he got picked, too, not to mention the fact that he'd had more ODI experience and did indeed have a better Shield record record (off less matches, too). And let's not forget that he actually got dropped from the team and only performed once he'd gone back the Shield and knocked up big runs there.

Ferguson, for years, has been a fantastic-looking yet mediocre batsman. Given he plays well under pressure and has an excellent technique I think it's fair to say there'd be negligible difference between his Test and Shield performances - he usually gets himself out - but he's only had one half-decent season and even that season wouldn't be a fantastic thing to transfer to Test level. It's not like he's been playing in the ODI team for 18 months and has missed a lot of Shield cricket because of it.. he played a few games, did okay, then got injured and has only just come back to cricket.

Spark

Global Moderator
I happen to rate Smith based mostly on his batting (I think we saw on Sunday where his bowling is currently at, unfortunately), but otherwise, yes.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I happen to rate Smith based mostly on his batting (I think we saw on Sunday where his bowling is currently at, unfortunately), but otherwise, yes.
Yeah AWTA, but he was picked as a spinner. I could definitely see the logic in the "this guy isn't putting up worse figures than the other spinners in the country, averages 50 with the bat and is 20 years old" theory. I don't think he was picked because he was the golden child or whatever; I just don't think there were better options once Hauritz went down other than playing four quicks.

Spark

Global Moderator
Indeed, whilst he did bowl reasonably well in England (underbowled, actually). As a spinning option I'd sooner pick Hauritz - more likely to use the bounce at home to good effect.

TumTum

Banned
Dude I have every aussie match since 1979. You know I have heaps! Never missed taping a match. Or very rarely anyway.

The Ponting dvd came out in 2005 I think so doesnt have the Sa knocks, I have made short highlights and I can upload them if i can find a way for it to not take the rest of my life to upload.
To save your self time, why don't you send me the full version :ph34r:

I like your idea and I'm going to tape this Ashes, and every good Test series that is shown on TV from now on :happy:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
robelinda should upload the caught and bowled MacGill took via off Slater's foot/shin at the SCG in 1998. That's like my earliest cricket memory

Spikey

Yeh same. Even in Hussey's slump he has been averaging around 37, which happens to be about the FC average of both those players... And at least with Hussey there is a very small chance he might actually briefly return to form (in which case he would be far more valuable than either Marsh or Ferguson).

If they are seriously going to select one of those two over Khawaja, I will be even more pissed off than the whole Hussey/North fiasco. That is pure bull**** if they do that.

Btw, you gotta feel kinda sorry for Hussey here. This could well be the end of his test career (if he fails in the next FC games, that is). You get the feeling he knows too:

someone should give George a feed

Andre

International Regular
Nah, can't remember if that was the game exactly but when Blewwy got his double on Bellerive, it was in chasing down a total no-one gave them a hope of doing. Was around a run-a-ball.
This was a great game of cricket, still remember watching it. Roberston got back spasms and couldn't bowl all match, then Reiffel and Kasprowicz got injured too, was a real casualty ward in the bowling attack.

Can't believe how close Corey Richards was at that stage to a Test call up - made a real good hundred in the second innings of that match. Thout he was a real good player, just faded off the scene over the next few years, was more mental than technical from memory.

Top_Cat

This was a great game of cricket, still remember watching it. Roberston got back spasms and couldn't bowl all match, then Reiffel and Kasprowicz got injured too, was a real casualty ward in the bowling attack.

Can't believe how close Corey Richards was at that stage to a Test call up - made a real good hundred in the second innings of that match. Thout he was a real good player, just faded off the scene over the next few years, was more mental than technical from memory.
Didn't he have some really severe reaction to DVT which put him out of action for a while?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Why didn't you vote for him in the CricketWeb Battle of the Favourite Players? I think he only got two votes. :(

Andre

International Regular
Why didn't you vote for him in the CricketWeb Battle of the Favourite Players? I think he only got two votes. :(
Gotta admit I didn't follow the thread - but would have voted for him, plus opened multi's and voted with them too!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
When talking of his captaincy experience, keep hearing about when he captained the U/19's around 2000 to the WC. They did well but considering the line-up (Clarke, Watto, Johnson, Hauritz, Shaun Marsh, etc.), probably should have done better than cleaning up the lesser teams but getting dudded by other top teams like India or Sri Lanka. Brings up questions about whether he's able to get the best out of the blokes under him.

EDIT: Just had a quick browse of the scorecards, anyone know what happened to Tim Welsford?
Welsford retired at the end of the last season, still on the board at Carlton Cricket Club. Not sure what really happened; Carlton tended to use him as a bit of a back-up batting @ 7, when he was good enough to bat at 3 or 4 but he allowed them to play some younger players in the top 4.

Very good fielder, but in the end didn't bat or bowl well enough to be threatening at FC level.