• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2010/11

pup11

International Coach
What's the matter PEWS!? Don't rate Cutting!?
Me thinks he is a much better prospect, compared to the trash bowlers we're picking right now...

pup11

International Coach
Anyways, what's the take here on two new balls being used in the Oz domestic games.
These bowler friendly stipulations neither help, the bowlers or batters to develop their game for international cricket, IMO....
In a way it could be the reason why most blokes, who perform well in domestic cricket, find things a bit too hot to handle, once they are introduced onto the international arena.

pup11

International Coach
Haha... I forgot that you only have love for special players... *cough* *cough* Sin..clair*

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Meh, Cutting's the type of guy that Cribb won't rate. Has always taken wickets, at whatever level, he does bowl some tripe inbetween though. Runs in hard and hits the deck all day, just likes bowling a bit short.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I thought Cutting has looked quite similar to Clint McKay tonight, although not quite as accurate. His pace was a little down too, I'm guessing he'll look sharper in a few weeks time though.

Gerard Denton and Brad Drew both bowled very well tonight, QLD ****house batting once again.

pup11

International Coach
Why has Drew not been considered for the national team?
Not an express bowler, but still is pretty lively, and eventhough he can be a tad expensive, he tends to pick wickets, and most importantly, he attacks the stumps!!

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Why has Drew not been considered for the national team?
Not an express bowler, but still is pretty lively, and eventhough he can be a tad expensive, he tends to pick wickets, and most importantly, he attacks the stumps!!
I don't like the idea at all. It frightened me when Drew played in the Twenty20 game to kick-off the Australian summer a couple of season ago, I didn't realise the selectors had an eye on him.

His current record reads an economy rate of 5.51, will he improve upon that at international level? No, he will get slaughtered. I have never seen a domestic bowler with worse accuracy. Will he improve upon his current average of 28.26 (which isn't that good for a strike bowler)? No, he simply isn't good enough. I wouldn't have him in the top 20 bowlers for the Australia ODI side.

pup11

International Coach
I don't like the idea at all. It frightened me when Drew played in the Twenty20 game to kick-off the Australian summer a couple of season ago, I didn't realise the selectors had an eye on him.

His current record reads an economy rate of 5.51, will he improve upon that at international level? No, he will get slaughtered. I have never seen a domestic bowler with worse accuracy. Will he improve upon his current average of 28.26 (which isn't that good for a strike bowler)? No, he simply isn't good enough. I wouldn't have him in the top 20 bowlers for the Australia ODI side.
Stats aren't everything mate.... this is something we have learned in the case of Laughlin, Mckay, Geeves, Hardwood and Hastings.
Also think Hilfy should be playing ODI's... he is a much better bet than Siddle, Mckay or Hastings

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So Ponting will play the shield match v Qld on the 10th Nov.

This must be his first shield match for awhile, and it would also be the first time in a long time that he played as non-captain
Might be good for him to learn a thing or two about captaincy.

No wonder Ponting is playing in the Shield game and not the ODI. He's seen how QLD are going and wants to play in a winning side.

robelinda

I'm uploading some short highlights of that Blewett 214*, and the 1st innings 169*. I taped all of what was shown here and still have it. I am bored and i hate cup day. Stay tuned....might even take some requests while i'm at it. I dont usually upload cricket to you tube but seeing as hardly anyone wouldve actually seen his amazing batting i'll do it!
Am having another go this afternoon at uploading this Blewett match highlights, might be only a few hours away. I hate you tube.

Spark

Global Moderator
Wish there was a decent quality stream/radio broadcast of the NSW vs. TAS match. With the names involved that, by rights, should be an absolute cracker.

Noble One

Stats aren't everything mate.... this is something we have learned in the case of Laughlin, Mckay, Geeves, Hardwood and Hastings.
Also think Hilfy should be playing ODI's... he is a much better bet than Siddle, Mckay or Hastings
My opinion of Drew is based very little on stats; I have seen him play enough games to know he lacks the ability to play at the top level. I don't see what a medium pacer who bowls on average in the mid 130's and possess questionable accuracy would add to the Australia team. It is no coincidence he holds one of the worst economy rates in the OD competition.

Also did anyone see Simpsons catch at first slip last night? Incredible, such a shame it came at the arse end of the game.