• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2010/11

howardj

International Coach
Well it's 41 more than what Ferguson averages in Shield cricket...

It's also 21 more than what Smith himself averages in Shield cricket, so we should obviously be leaving Smith out for Smith.
Never been huge on Ferguson, but he's OK.

Usman
Smith
Ferguson
Daylight
North

TumTum

Banned
Kind of a relief that Ponting didn't get out hooking or pulling today, but worrying sign is that he got out to Hopes!!
On the radio they were saying the pitch was a green top. All the batsmen got beaten countless amount of times. Wouldn't worry about it.

pup11

International Coach
As the bowler is running in, you can sense that he is about to play another slog. Fidgety hand & feet movement, like he is about to unleash.
Haha, everyone can't have a stance similar to SRT, and by your theory even likes of Brian Lara, KP, Phil Hughes, Chanderpaul all should be tagged as sloggers.
You have obviously seen him bat lower down the order in limited overs game, where he is expected to unleash, but its pretty unfair to make up your mind regarding a player based on just that.
Every bloke has his own way of batting or bowling, at the end of the day its the results that matter and Smith has done pretty darn well....

Last edited:

TumTum

Banned
You have obviously seen him bat lower down the order in limited overs game, where he is expected to unleash, but its pretty unfair to make up your mind regarding a player based on just that.
Reverse Pull shot in a Test match against Pakistan

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Love all these blokes dissing Smith's technique in First Class Cricket. How many Shield games have you watched?

Good day at the SCG today, pity the rain decided to bugger it up. Well played Dussey, exciting innings.

Had a chat with Copeland, WAG. Gutted that him and O'Keefe were left out.

EDIT: Harris for QLD. :wub:

pup11

International Coach
Never been huge on Ferguson, but he's OK.

Usman
Smith
Ferguson
Daylight
North
Me thinks Ferguson right now is as good or bad a player as Clarke was when he made his debut, find him to be a pretty similar batsman to Clarke, has good hands and quick feet and after Hughes and Finch, think he is the most promising batsman in Oz right now.

Still not convinced about Khwajha though, like the elegance in his batting, but I think he is kind of lose outside his off stump, and from what I've seen he is a bit of compulsive hooker & puller.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Love all these blokes dissing Smith's technique in First Class Cricket. How many Shield games have you watched?

Good day at the SCG today, pity the rain decided to bugger it up. Well played Dussey, exciting innings.

Had a chat with Copeland, WAG. Gutted that him and O'Keefe were left out.

EDIT: Harris for QLD. :wub:
Nice.

Will be heading down on Friday myself.

pup11

International Coach
Reverse Pull shot in a Test match against Pakistan
What exactly do you expect him to do when batting along with #11, play a perfect front-foot defensive shot!?
Likes of Pietersen, Sehwag, Morgan play all sorts of unorthodox shots in test cricket, are all these guys sloggers?
As howardj said, beauty of cricket is how everybody plays the game in a diverse fashion, if every player plays in an over-coached manner then the game would be pretty boring.

Spark

Global Moderator
Still not at all convinced by Watson at 1st slip. Puts down far too many and today had another mark on his copybook.

sifter132

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Was watching the stream for Watson's drop. Wasn't a straight forward one - pretty high and fast. Would like to see a replay though. I guess the most important question is: is he better than North? I guess Ponting and Clarke can always head into the slips too if Watson can't hack it. Great to have versatile fielders like those 2.

Spark

Global Moderator
It was, but it's more a general point - he's put down way too many.

Clarke used to do it. I can only guess they judge you lose too much of his agility and rocket (but not especially accurate) throw in return.

pup11

International Coach
Still not at all convinced by Watson at 1st slip. Puts down far too many and today had another mark on his copybook.
Watto isn't lightning quick in the outfield so not surprising that he is used in the slip.
Also... just read that a sitter was dropped of Hauritz's bowling by Starc, now such things definitely don't help a bowler who is already under tremendous pressure.