• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs West Indies - Frank Worrell Trophy 2022

Aritro

International Regular
Annoying. If they're going to get spin wickets I want Lyon to get them to add to his meme record. It'll be funny as **** if he gets to 500.

pomnotenglish

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Match 1 of massacre series done. WI put out of their misery.
Takeaways ( have been same for last 7-8 years or so) - WI have no real batsmen after batters 1 & 2 (except for performers on dodo pitches). On a pitch which really needs you to rely on your skills and offers little assistance, the bowlers are a huge question mark. Kraigg the batsman-very good, Kraigg the captain - poor.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Good win for Aus. Promising signs for Windies batting but with Cummins out, they should have fancied themselves getting the draw.

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Vice-Captain
Hi everyone.

This is my first ever post. I joined a short time ago.

Nice to meet you all. Easy win for Australia. West Indies tried hard but not good enough. Hard to get into this series to he honest when the opposition is lacking.

In my opinion, all eyes are on 2023 which will be a big year for Australia on the road with India in India and England in England.

Of course before all of that we have the South Africa series too in Australia as well.

Cheers.

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Vice-Captain
Sherwin Campbell the last windie to get a 4th innings ton here in Australia? Jeez
West Indies Opening Batsman to Score a Test Match 4th Innings Century Against Australia

2022: Kraigg Brathwaite - 110 (in Aust)

1996: Sherwyn Campbell - 113 (in Aust)

1992: Phil Simmonds - 110 (in Aust)

1989: Gordon Greenidge - 104 (in Aust)

1984: Gordon Greenidge - 120* (in WI)

1984: Desmond Hayes - 103 (in WI)

1976: Viv Richards - 103 (in Aust)

1952: Jeffrey Stollmeyer - 104 (in Aust)

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Vice-Captain
so, with the hindsight of a result, was the pitch still too flat? Seems the ground dude got it right.
Pitch looked flat for the days 1, 2 and 3, then started to deteriorate on day 4 and 5 but not fully deteriorate thst it became a minefield. It was certain a batter friendly deck but there was a little bit (albeit it a very small amount) for the bowlers if they bowled good lines and lengths.

Gob

International Coach
Will Captain Carbon be fit for the next test?

Also coined the term from here on