• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs West Indies - Frank Worrell Trophy 2022

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Marnus has been absurdly lucky at points but this is just another level of taking the piss. ****'s made 260 runs and counting this game, during which he's been dropped/caught off a no ball a minimum of 4 times and made something like half his runs from edges/uncontrolled shots.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
** me Labuschagne is one of the luckiest batsmen I've seen. Looks like absolute *** but doesn't get out & manages to score runs.

One of the ugliest hundreds I've seen.

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
Odds on Labuschagne for MotM?
Marnus with 308 runs in this test match will once again undoubtedly leapfrog Joe Root in the ICC Player Ratings and easily pass 900 points again.

It will be surreal to think that even after scoring 10 or so centuries in a year and a bit that Root still might not finish the year as the Number 1 ranked batsman.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Marnus with 308 runs in this test match will once again undoubtedly leapfrog Joe Root in the ICC Player Ratings and easily pass 900 points again.

It will be surreal to think that even after scoring 10 or so centuries in a year and a bit that Root still might not finish the year as the Number 1 ranked batsman.
2 more Tests in Pak are remaining.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How bad has the WI bowling been in this match? Any thoughts?
Varied. They did bowl some genuinely good balls but on a very flat deck I think you needed more against good batsmen. And their bowling on Day 2 was very poor.

That said even Australia have sometimes found it tough going - remember the West Indies were 1/150 despite Australia objectively bowling pretty well.

Aritro

International Regular
Lol, Howie, Isa and June marvelling at the "mystery" of swing. Discussing all the different theories on how it works and what helps.

It's not that mysterious any more is it? There's plenty just on Youtube that explains it pretty well.