• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs West Indies - Frank Worrell Trophy 2022

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
In other news Mayers won't bowl for the rest of the series and Roach has a thigh injury which is being monitored. Raymon Reifer is out now as well.

Marquino Mindley has been called up as cover. He's a seam and swing bowler. Personally I think he's the type that will do well in FC cricket and with the dukes ball, but I wouldn't have picked him for a tour of Australia.

This also shows the fallacy of not bringing Motie or Cornwall. The second test bowling attack is going to be a lot worse than this one.
Are Akeal Hossein or Kevin Sinclair (or Cariah) a chance of making the test team? They seem to be pretty decent white ball spinners (surely better than Chase).

Xix2565

International Debutant
I still don’t understand why there are 3 different balls in tests anyway.
No one is there to standardise balls and manufacturers don't have contracts like "official ball to use in Tests alone" etc. It's why things like the Dukes being a bit **** recently or the new white Kookaburra being very good happen without warning. No oversight at all.

anthonyalba

Cricket Spectator
i bet on the windies ($11) before the test knowing it was a dumb bet but i couldnt resist the odds.
And they have a vague chance of getting the runs.
Australia got 2 double centuries on the wicket afterall

Shady Slim

International Coach
good on the windies for showing such fight given the circumstances in both batting digs
can't help from feeling mayers' whippy wristing and firm hands may lead to a chance of an edge to the cordon against good pace bowling, but i would love to be wrong

ashley bach

International Captain
Not sure why they're starting the day with Lyon, from a WI perspective would much rather that than face Hazlewood.

Shady Slim

International Coach
if i was twelve feet tall and jacked as holder is and had an off spinner bowling to me i would simply deposit him into the crowd every ball as would be deserved