• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs West Indies - Frank Worrell Trophy 2022

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Such a low key build up. Used to be the most hyped series going around
remember they had team photos on the paper things on the maccas trays back in the 80s. that was big hype to my child brain

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I'll go with:

1 Boycott /
2 SG Barnes /
3 Bradman /
4 Border* /
5 Barrington /
6 Botham o /
7 Boucher +
8 Benaud o /
9 Bishop o
10 SF Barnes o
11 Bedser o

All those Bs look wrong now. Very tempting to go Barlow over Botham, but Boon seems to be the only other MOB option really.
Blundell is averaging 44.66 as keeper and 41.1 overall. Tough on Boucher to miss out, but you can bat Blundell at 6 and move Botham to 7.
I also think Bumrah has done enough to usurp Bishop.

ataraxia

International Coach
Blundell is averaging 44.66 as keeper and 41.1 overall. Bat him at 6 and move Botham to 7.
Yeah I forgot Boult, Bond too. Does Bevan Congdon count? Not really I suppose, but would improve the side considerably so get him in. This is even before getting to Mark Burgess and Bob Blair - and who needs Richie Benaud when we've got the one and only Tom Burtt! Speaking of Toms, Bruce is in wonderful form. Might pip Barrington, need a more aggressive player in there. Billy Bowden to coach, manage, & umpire ofc.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I forgot Boult, Bond too. Does Bevan Congdon count? Not really I suppose, but would improve the side considerably so get him in. This is even before getting to Mark Burgess and Bob Blair - and who needs Richie Benaud when we've got the one and only Tom Burtt! Speaking of Toms, Bruce is in wonderful form. Might pip Barrington, need a more aggressive player in there. Billy Bowden to coach, manage, & umpire ofc.
Needs 3 or 4 Bracewells, Neil Brownlie (and Broom), Stephen Boock, and Hamish Bennett charging in.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
remember they had team photos on the paper things on the maccas trays back in the 80s. that was big hype to my child brain
Yep. They started in WSC.

Pretty sad that the series named in honour of arguably the most important cricketer of the 20th century is mostly a footnote these days. These series used to be everything. And you’d look to perth with absolute trepidation because even when Aus dicked the Windies, the latter would always win at the WACA

trundler

Yep. They started in WSC.

Pretty sad that the series named in honour of arguably the most important cricketer of the 20th century is mostly a footnote these days. These series used to be everything. And you’d look to perth with absolute trepidation because even when Aus dicked the Windies, the latter would always win at the WACA
Ok grandpa it's time for your meds

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
It appears Seales and Blackwood are fit for selection, which is a relief. My final XI prediction is:

Braithwaite
Chanderpaul
Bonner (though I would play Thomas because of the conditions)
Blackwood
Mayers
Holder
Da Silva (wk)
Chase
Joseph
Roach
Seales

Ultimately if we a) suffer no outrageous batting capitulations b) the bowlers cause Australia problems, bowling them out pretty cheaply at least once then I'll be happy enough. If a few individuals further their test credibility then even better. If Jayden Seales does well here for example, I will know we are truly onto something special.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Ultimately if we a) suffer no outrageous batting capitulations b) the bowlers cause Australia problems, bowling them out pretty cheaply at least once then I'll be happy enough. If a few individuals further their test credibility then even better. If Jayden Seales does well here for example, I will know we are truly onto something special.
b) looks more likely than a) I suppose. Hope Seales does well.

SillyCowCorner1

It appears Seales and Blackwood are fit for selection, which is a relief. My final XI prediction is:

Braithwaite
Chanderpaul
Bonner (though I would play Thomas because of the conditions)
Blackwood
Mayers
Holder
Da Silva (wk)
Chase
Joseph
Roach
Seales

Not a bad line-up. Chase is well placed there. He is good against the old ball, I guess. I just bit my tongue and said that.

Our bowling looks good on paper. Kyle Mayers is gonna be okay with this pink ball which moves about fairly well.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Not a bad line-up. Chase is well placed there. He is good against the old ball, I guess. I just bit my tongue and said that.

Our bowling looks good on paper. Kyle Mayers is gonna be okay with this pink ball which moves about fairly well.
I should have clarified that Chase would be nowhere near the XI if I were picking the side, but it's Haynes doing it, so he''s a certainty. I will be cross if he bats above number 8 though, he is now pretty much a rabbit at test level.