• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs West Indies - Frank Worrell Trophy 2022

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Kraigg coming out and saying that he wants the West Indies to be able to bat out 100 overs.

Looking at that batting lineup that probably depends on him and Tage batting for about 95 of them

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This whole series just feels irrelevant and boring as anything. Crazy that 30 years ago this was THE big ticket series in Australian cricket.

the big bambino

International Captain
A few good sign for the WI so far though. With Joseph bowling well and Seales replacing Gabriel there have been enough changes to their bowling line up to believe they will deliver much better than than the pie throwing dross they usually do away from home. They will also have a green wicket to exploit.

Their overall form hasn't been great but lead up form is often misleading anyway. The important thing is they improved from their first match. Then there has been the form of Chanderpaul which may make the batting more competitive. Could all turn south, but so far WI haven't been a joke in the lead up to the test.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This whole series just feels irrelevant and boring as anything. Crazy that 30 years ago this was THE big ticket series in Australian cricket.
It should be mentioned that ground attendances right through the eighties were pretty poor though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Could all turn south, but so far WI haven't been a joke in the lead up to the test.
How could they have been a joke in the lead up to the test, excluding the warmups?

I suppose something truly ridiculous could have happened, like say one of the coaches hitting a batsman in the head with a beamer, but... oh wait.

the big bambino

International Captain
If you don't want to defend a poor point, don't make it.
Oh shut up.

You mentioned results which wasn't my point. Just that they improved. I was saying the signs aren't all bad. Changes to bowling personnel, Joseph improving, a green wicket to exploit as opposed to the sleepmaker mattresses they've been playing on, Chanderpaul batting well.

These matches were glorified net sessions. Only useful for putting some overs in their bowler's legs. You'd be credulous to think the bowlers were ripping in with test match intensity so it's not overly relevant to how they'll perform.

Just as an aside I'm fairly certain other sides have suffered injuries in net sessions so I'd be a little careful using that as a representative example of how things are going.

Gob

International Coach
Oh shut up.

You mentioned results which wasn't my point. Just that they improved. I was saying the signs aren't all bad. Changes to bowling personnel, Joseph improving, a green wicket to exploit as opposed to the sleepmaker mattresses they've been playing on, Chanderpaul batting well.

These matches were glorified net sessions. Only useful for putting some overs in their bowler's legs. You'd be credulous to think the bowlers were ripping in with test match intensity so it's not overly relevant to how they'll perform.

Just as an aside I'm fairly certain other sides have suffered injuries in net sessions so I'd be a little careful using that as a representative example of how things are going.
I should do this more often

Gob

International Coach
How could they have been a joke in the lead up to the test, excluding the warmups?

I suppose something truly ridiculous could have happened, like say one of the coaches hitting a batsman in the head with a beamer, but... oh wait.
Maybe he was trying to teach his pupil a lesson like master Po

Always keep your eyes on the ball, grasshopper

the big bambino

International Captain
Considering your penchant for childish responses when questioned, you may do well to heed your own advice.
(Dear God).

I didn't frame my post around results but rather individual performances. You obviously misread it as your initial reply indicates. The resultant clarification is all that was needed but you have to snipe on. And then deliver lectures about childishness. Amazing lack of self awareness.