• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs West Indies - Frank Worrell Trophy 2022

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don’t think West Indies as a cricketing entity will work in the long term at all. They’re a collection of countries with each country having a different priority, there’s no way anyone will have any patriotic inclination to play for West Indies cricket.
I don't know if that reasoning is valid, but it's not looking good for them. Last decade and a half even when they've been bad at Tests they've at least been a good T20 team but now they didn't even make the World T20 losing to Ireland and Scotland . . .

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I don't know if that reasoning is valid, but it's not looking good for them. Last decade and a half even when they've been bad at Tests they've at least been a good T20 team but now they didn't even make the World T20 losing to Ireland and Scotland . . .
T20 destroyed West Indies cricket you could argue. The dream for almost every West Indies cricketer now is to be a freelance T20/T10 gun for hire ...guys like Gayle and Bravo had a solid FC build up before they caught the T20 bug , the less can be said for the new generation...when you lose that critical groundwork on your game that redball builds up , it can even filter into the shorter forms ..

DriveClub

International Regular
There’s just too much politics between countries. West Indies is a really wierd concept as well, I don’t know if this alliance is there in any other field in the Caribbean but I don’t how any player would feel any affiliation to this artificial entity. It worked back in the day when they wanted to one up on their ex colonial masters but it’s not really relevant anymore.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just caught the highlights of today's play.

I've thought in the past Alex Carey's keeping was not top tier, but credit to him today, those two catches up to the stumps were as good as it gets.

In passing, if the first one hit the grill of his lid and he caught it, should it be not out? Or did they change that rule a few years ago now?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Just caught the highlights of today's play.

I've thought in the past Alex Carey's keeping was not top tier, but credit to him today, those two catches up to the stumps were as good as it gets.

In passing, if the first one hit the grill of his lid and he caught it, should it be not out? Or did they change that rule a few years ago now?
I think they changed it coz if it came off say the tip of the cap instead of the helmet, it would still be out?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Think it was the time they wanted to make changes to take concussions more seriously. And did not want a situation where close in fielders refused helmets coz it may get in the way of taking catches.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Why would the batsmen being adept at their home conditions apply more to bowlers suited to those conditions than to bowlers not suited to those conditions? Doesn't make sense brah
i'm not saying it applies *more*, just that it's something to think about

halba

International 12th Man
That was insipid from WI. In 5-6 years more of this, the ,ICC will surely strip WI of test status or relegate them to the sin bin like Zim who barely get any tests against good tes. ATM it's fair to say, away from home no better than Zim.

Xix2565

International Debutant
The fact that you think putting Test nations in a timeout corner for sucking is a good idea despite the bigger boards doing absolutely nothing to try to make Test cricket a better product collectively to avoid these sorts of things is telling. Not sure why anyone lets you near a keyboard tbfh.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
That was insipid from WI. In 5-6 years more of this, the ,ICC will surely strip WI of test status or relegate them to the sin bin like Zim who barely get any tests against good tes. ATM it's fair to say, away from home no better than Zim.
We just beat England at home 2 series in a row. England were just as bad as us on their last tour of Australia. Should the ICC strip them of test status? We were unbeaten in tests this year before this series. I'm tired of this ignorance tbh.

We need more tests, not less. We're due to play 6 next year, less than half of the amount Australia are playing. How are we supposed to develop as a side with so few matches?

Slifer

International Captain
Bro shut up. England, Pakistan etc all got destroyed just like the WI did in Australia. Strip the WI of Test status, yeah good luck with that. Was the WI performance horrible? Duh that comes as no surprise to no one. Now had this happen in the WI, you'd have a point. Anyway back to the drawing board for the WI to try to continue to improve especially away.

Slifer

International Captain
We just beat England at home 2 series in a row. England were just as bad as us on their last tour of Australia. Should the ICC strip them of test status? We were unbeaten in tests this year before this series. I'm tired of this ignorance tbh.

We need more tests, not less. We're due to play 6 next year, less than half of the amount Australia are playing. How are we supposed to develop as a side with so few matches?
Yeah agreed. It's like some of these trolls have short term memories. Only India in recent times has been competitive in Australia, so WI being destroyed is not surprising and goes with what Australia has been doing to all sides at home.