• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs West Indies - Frank Worrell Trophy 2022

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Vice-Captain
From a Test cricket perspective, only positive was the excellent crowds that came out for this match. Adelaide has probably the best Test match going culture in the country.

But as a Test series this was a non-event. Windies almost as bad as they were in 15/16. Depressing that they're apparently touring again next year.
All this series was is a stat galore feast for the Aussie batters and bowlers. This series is best ignored. Opposition = horrific.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Maybe West Indies should implement Bazball after the Top 3, even if they lose it will be entertaining...Get Pooran , Cornwall , Hetmyer into the Test team for the next Australia tour and give them licensed to smash plus Obed McCoy for variety :

1.Chanderpaul
2.Brathwaite
3.Bonner
4.Hetmyer
5.Pooran
6.Mayers
7.Holder
8.Da Silva (WK)
9.Cornwall
10.Joseph
11.McCoy

pomnotenglish

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
And the massacre series is over with a truly spectacular massacre... :laugh: WI still reaping the fruits of 25+ years of corrupt and directionless management at the grassroots.
Congrats to the Aussies for yet another clinical win. Their depth of batting and bowling stocks is really inspiring. Looking forward to the SAF series for some competitive cricket.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Personally I don't think the toss matters much in pink-ball DNers at Adelaide. Less than in most tests anyway

morgieb

Personally I don't think the toss matters much in pink-ball DNers at Adelaide. Less than in most tests anyway
Au contraire, I think it matters even more than usual. If you bat first you either get the chance to put a score on the board, or at least a crack at the opposition under lights. Bowling first you generally get the worst of conditions.

Spark

Global Moderator
From a Test cricket perspective, only positive was the excellent crowds that came out for this match. Adelaide has probably the best Test match going culture in the country.

But as a Test series this was a non-event. Windies almost as bad as they were in 15/16. Depressing that they're apparently touring again next year.
Yeah if 80k people or whatever it was across the journey came out to watch... whatever that was... then I don't think crowds will be a big problem going forward so long as they address prices, which is clearly the huge elephant in the room and not Cummins being too woke or whatever the Sky News mouthbreathers and hangers on who pretend that there's this massive conservative majority in the country insist. If they halved ticket prices across the board, then they wouldn't have any problems with crowds.

The discussion around crowds in Perth forgot that 10k would be a perfectly normal daily crowd for a Test match in those circumstances in Perth until five years ago and that just because you multiply the stadium capacity by 3 doesn't mean the crowd sizes do so too. I was at the India Test a few years ago there, and it's not like the crowd was any bigger for that for a cracking game against a top tier side.

morgieb

Has Australia ever lost the toss in a pink ball test in Adelaide?
I looked over the results, and Australia actually didn't win a toss in the pink ball Test at Adelaide until 2019/20. So four of the first five pink ball Tests at Adelaide the opposition won the toss.

Burgey

He was referring to the toss, not the result.

Similarly, I think Australia lost the toss in the 2017 Ashes D/N Test. Hilariously though Root thought it fit to send Australia in....
He certainly has questions to answer

DriveClub

International Regular
I don’t think West Indies as a cricketing entity will work in the long term at all. They’re a collection of countries with each country having a different priority, there’s no way anyone will have any patriotic inclination to play for West Indies cricket.