• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Been away and won't have time to update site for a few days yet but that Warner knock looks like it will make the GOAT list.
For this reason I cant take your website seriously. See Warner played a great knock no doubt. But where's the context? It's a ****ing dead rubber. You can tell Australia was 4 down early blah blah but no way this can make to GOAT list. Not for me.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
For this reason I cant take your website seriously. See Warner played a great knock no doubt. But where's the context? It's a ****ing dead rubber. You can tell Australia was 4 down early blah blah but no way this can make to GOAT list. Not for me.
Uh, the next highest score was 37

Gob

International Coach
Loved the aggressive and positive intent shown by Davey Warner in the last ball of the innings

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Well even by jamodi standards that was a series to forget. Warner Smith Starc Hazlewood all quality for sure but the kiwis didn't make them raise a sweat.

Hesson must be tearing (what's left of) his hair out. So many spots up for grabs and no one bar Neesham capitalized on the opportunity. Zero pressure on the incumbents is a bad thing when you go into each series with at least 3-4 on the injury list.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
So much ineptness on the field too. That three match series looked up there with the worst prepared we've ever been. The fielding ****ehouse, the bowling - until some parts of the G game - was toothless and thoughtless, and as for the batting...absolutely no idea what they were doing. Maybe that's because it was jammed into a week either side of Pakistan and Bangladesh's longer tours, dunno.

I cannot understand why Todd Astle toured either. 2-0 down, a largely barren wicket, big ground and a middle order of all-rounders not in form, and he doesn't play? Must be good at 500 or something.

Don't want to see Nicholls in another squad, especially when Ross comes back as Kane/Ross/Neesham is now the top 5. Would like to see Tom go as well, just not a natural ODI player. Let him go away and become one if he wants, but focus on being the Test player he should be.

For the rest of the summer, it would be nice to see guys start to improve and show there's actually some decent preparation and coaching happening. I don't expect us to beat SA and Australia at home, but that we compete.

And don't ditch the CH on the basis of one noncompetitive series. That's kneejerk rubbish.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Be less salty for once

jcas0167

International Debutant
So much ineptness on the field too. That three match series looked up there with the worst prepared we've ever been. The fielding ****ehouse, the bowling - until some parts of the G game - was toothless and thoughtless, and as for the batting...absolutely no idea what they were doing. Maybe that's because it was jammed into a week either side of Pakistan and Bangladesh's longer tours, dunno.

I cannot understand why Todd Astle toured either. 2-0 down, a largely barren wicket, big ground and a middle order of all-rounders not in form, and he doesn't play? Must be good at 500 or something.

Don't want to see Nicholls in another squad, especially when Ross comes back as Kane/Ross/Neesham is now the top 5. Would like to see Tom go as well, just not a natural ODI player. Let him go away and become one if he wants, but focus on being the Test player he should be.

For the rest of the summer, it would be nice to see guys start to improve and show there's actually some decent preparation and coaching happening. I don't expect us to beat SA and Australia at home, but that we compete.

And don't ditch the CH on the basis of one noncompetitive series. That's kneejerk rubbish.
Agree with most of this except for getting rid of Latham. He looked excellent last night and was outscoring Guptill. Just looking at his ODI innings list, the three half centuries in the three game ODI series SA last year stands out. I can't think of any other NZ candidates who could consistently score fifties against Steyn, Philander & Rabada in SA. He needs to start converting the starts though.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I know it's a classic scapegoat but I really want someone to explain what the **** jurgensen is doing with our bowlers. During the pakistan test series him and bond were on commentary together for a brief stint and talked about bowling coaching. Jurgensen said some vague meaningless buzzwords, then bond went in and completely wiped the floor with him with real details and analysis about the role of the bowling coach.

Immenso

Quite impressed with Latham's cameo yesterday. I liked his offside play and ability to gap it, a huge improvement in where he was last year (where is offside driving was really all just straight drives with slice, and no deliberate placement )

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
He looked good, but he needed to go on. Perhaps it was a pitch where 30 odd wasn't bad (looking at Australia's innings and Warner's freak aberration) but he just seems to make a lot of these pretty 30s without doing what we need.

I think the only person who can come away from this tour with their head held at level position is Guptill. Cracking century and maintained a SR of over 100. Only batsmen who looked like making a difference. Or at least, most secure. The bowlers were all pretty disappointing, Boult's 3/49 in the dead rubber notwithstanding.

Zinzan

I've no problem with Latham up top. He was our best bat in India in the ODIs too IIRC. Let's critique our real issues in the XI, not the odd things that are actually promising.

Immenso

He looked good, but he needed to go on. Perhaps it was a pitch where 30 odd wasn't bad (looking at Australia's innings and Warner's freak aberration) but he just seems to make a lot of these pretty 30s without doing what we need.

I think the only person who can come away from this tour with their head held at level position is Guptill. Cracking century and maintained a SR of over 100. Only batsmen who looked like making a difference. Or at least, most secure. The bowlers were all pretty disappointing, Boult's 3/49 in the dead rubber notwithstanding.
Yeah, well I have low expectations.

My main interest in Latham as an odi player is the hope that he improves his placement skills so that he becomes are better test player. (watching him get dried up v Hazlewood, Marsh etc in last seasons test series and Smith's field placements was eye opening and revealed how much more limited a player he was - compared to where I thought he was at that time)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I've no problem with Latham up top. He was our best bat in India in the ODIs too IIRC. Let's critique our real issues in the XI, not the odd things that are actually promising.
We can have many discussions. The middle to lower order is the most concerning, but Latham has some way to go and he needs to be able to do something effective when we have a total of more than 300 to chase down (or even set) against teams who aren't Zimbabwe.

Zinzan

Tommy Latham in his last 2 years is averaging 35 with a SR of 81. I'll take that any day of the week considering his opening partner has a 43 ODI average & a SR of 87.

He won't be the last good player to have a poor series against Australia vs. Starc Hazel and co in their own backyard.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I know it's a classic scapegoat but I really want someone to explain what the **** jurgensen is doing with our bowlers. During the pakistan test series him and bond were on commentary together for a brief stint and talked about bowling coaching. Jurgensen said some vague meaningless buzzwords, then bond went in and completely wiped the floor with him with real details and analysis about the role of the bowling coach.
Ha, this happened did it? Madness. Jurgensen is the cheapest most available option that means David White doesn't have to do something revolutionary or savvy in getting the right person, rather than the easiest person. Same with McMillan. Don't tell me you're trying to become #1 in the world with those two as coaches.