• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

vandem

International 12th Man
Something seriously wrong in the culture, the only two guys who aren't in this squad who performed for us in the WC was Baz and Elliott.
... and Anderson and Vettori and Milne. And you could argue that Taylor 1/2 performed in the WC. So 5 1/2 players = 1/2 the side ...

Last edited:

ajdude

International Coach
i love how depressed Ian Smith always sounds after every match in Australia haha. except Hobart 2011 when he was full pinging

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Heh, I listened to Warner's post-innings interview - he seemed to think the pitch was a bit two paced. Regardless, this side is so dependent on Guptill or KW that anything over 250 was going to be tough. It reminds me of the team in the early 90's when aside from Crowe & maybe Andrew Jones, no-one in the side could really be counted on to get runs against opponents like Wasim & Waqar.

A good incentive for the remaining domestic T20 competition. The likes of Chapman, Tom Bruce, Seifert & Blundell must like their chances of getting a run later in the season.
I hope we start afresh, the only players who should be kept from this series should be Guptill, KW, Santner, Boult, Southee, Neesham and Henry. Everyone else shouldn't make the next squad.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
i love how depressed Ian Smith always sounds after every match in Australia haha. except Hobart 2011 when he was full pinging
Don't take him too seriously, the guy talks up Kane like he's a batting genius who is in the same league as Tendulkar...

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Thanks to Australia for demoralizing New Zealand ahead of their series with Bangladesh. Tamim Iqbal is better than Warner.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't take him too seriously, the guy talks up Kane like he's a batting genius who is in the same league as Tendulkar...
He sounded like he was having an accident in his pants watching and analysing a KW forward defence in the first game

jcas0167

International Debutant
He sounded like he was having an accident in his pants watching and analysing a KW forward defence in the first game
tbf, so did Michael Clarke tonight. I remain a Kane fan, I back him to bounce back in the home series.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
And there is nothing wrong with that either. If you can't see how good Kane is then it is your loss entirely.