• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to see lyon get a bagful in helpful conditions.

In other news, the $50 for two mains and a bottle of Bunnamagoo wine at the Cat & Fiddle every Wednesday is absolute quality. Mrs Burgey with the Duck Ragu and I had the Wagyu steak done medium rare with a side of hot English. Go there.

Last edited:

Burgey

Ussie looks confident here but I’m not so sure

edit: pitched outside. Cheating Lankans

Burgey

Benefit of a good scoring rate in reply to a moderate total on display here with only two around the bat for Khawaja already

Shady Slim

International Coach
Really not looking forward to how our middle order handle's this series tbh. Smith reportedly hasn't been able to access the nets much with his elbow, head couldn't play pakistan's 40 year old spinner's on road's, green is an utter novice and his natural game doesn't particularly suited to these 250-300 max spin on day 1 pitches when he's batting 6, and Carey's idea of playing spin is to draw either sweep or reverse sweep from a hat and play the shot. Sri-lanka's spinner's are alot younger than the perera-herath combo that analed us in 2016, but our middle order and entire batting lineup vs spin doesn't look particularly solid.

Wish green or marnus had played some A-cricket in these conditions. It's ****ed that they've both been mainstay's of the test setup for 2-3 years and had no A-level cricket in the subcontinent when management knew we had 3 series in the subcontinent in short succession coming up.
i had a discussion with i believe spark about this and he brought me around to his way of thinking

green's long enough that arm ball, carrom ball, spinning miles, won't matter if he slams the front foot down and refuses to give the thing a chance to spin whatsoever

Spark

Global Moderator
i had a discussion with i believe spark about this and he brought me around to his way of thinking

green's long enough that arm ball, carrom ball, spinning miles, won't matter if he slams the front foot down and refuses to give the thing a chance to spin whatsoever
This was always a "this is something he should work on and hopefully add to his game with more experience and a lot of practice" thing though not a "I expect him to turn into Matthew Hayden incarnate on spinning pitches this season".

Burgey

Terrific batting there. Spinners dropping too short really helping Aus out here

Shady Slim

International Coach
i wonder if hitting out might be the best strategy for warner this series tbf

because like if, well, the entirety of history is anything to go from he has one coming with his name on it eventually

Shady Slim

International Coach
This was always a "this is something he should work on and hopefully add to his game with more experience and a lot of practice" thing though not a "I expect him to turn into Matthew Hayden incarnate on spinning pitches this season".
for sure, and this is a great chance for him to work on it tbf against a pretty unsettled sri lanka side rather than ashwin and jadeja on their home soil