• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

Himannv

International Coach
Nah, the Aussies have been awesome this tour. Love them a lot. Obviously winning this last Test was nice for us and it’s against top competition so I think we will value it immensely although it’s in home conditions.

I know I whinged and moaned a bit (ok, a lot) about this series taking place during this crisis, but it’s really worked out nicely, and that’s because of the humanity and positivity the touring group showed throughout. They’ve been great guests and said all the right things to make this thing work. Will happily welcome them back and hopefully it will be in happier times.

It’s really a pity there wasn’t a third Test - there really should be 3 Tests at minimum so that there’s a better chance of someone winning the series. But whatever, this was still entertaining cricket and had its moments. Onward and upwards.

ashley bach

International Captain
Just woke up wondering what the score would be to find it's all over rover.
Brilliant from Sri Lanka, thoroughly deserved having dominated the last 3 days.
The experts here were on the money when they said the start of the 2nd day was the key turning point of the test.
Australia just failed to get that extra 75-100 runs in their 1st dig, which no doubt made a big difference in the end.
Great for the people of Sri Lanka, let's hope this win goes some way towards easing the dire political situation at the moment.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Amazing win for SL. Australia should feel they have missed out on a golden chance here. 1-0 up, won the toss, 3 or 4 first choice players out for opposition at the last minute due to covid. They should have won.

Brilliant from Chandimal and the new Jayasuriya. Theekshana was quietly impressive too and the FC bully(s) showed they are to be reckoned with at this level as well, at least in these conditions. Happy for the SL people that they can enjoy some small comforts in these troubled times. And hopefully its the light at the end of the tunnel for all their suferings.

Australia have been such a likeable team through this SC sojourn too. They had bigger roles than just as cricketers, as ambassadors in many ways for different reasons in both Pak and SL and they have conducted themselves wtih great class and dignity throughout. Kudos and respect.

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Marnus's shot given the match situation was utterly diabolical. What was he even trying to do? Looks like he was shaping for a sweep but the ball just wasn't there for it at all. Hard loss to cop but if you told me that we'de win in Pak and draw in SL after losing paine before the ashes i'de have happily taken that. Hopefully cummins learns from all this, think the loss can be partially atributed to poor captaincy and bowler rotation on his end. Green was underbowled and starc should have bowled on day 3 after that spell where he got a wicket and had chandimal out caught behind on 30.

Bijed

International Regular
Lyon is masterly at keeping his bowling average at 32. If it blows out to 33, he'll take 6 wickets in a match and get it back in the sweet spot. If he has two good matches in a row and gets it down to 31, he'll promptly go at 80 for a match or two. Even in that 18 month patch when he was awesome and took a stack of wickets, he still went at 32.

It remains to be seen how many career wickets he finishes on. But he'll get them at 32.
Haha, this so much. I tend to believe that even with a long career behind them to extrapolate from, how any player goes in the future is basically unpredictable. But Lyon is destined to average 32. Even if he retires with it at something different, one of his matches will randomly lose test status to bring it back in line

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Warner's away form is a massive concern, but who do we realistically bring in for him? Street and hunt are only solid at shield level and are a dominant season away from demanding selection and pucovski can barely stay on the pitch. Wish whiteman had been given a go in the Aus-A games down here, he's done great for WA in recent season's and was MOTM in the last shield final.

davado

School Boy/Girl Captain
After watching the highlights i can confirm my suspicion that steve smith isnt just quirky but is mentally ill. The guy has a few bats loose in the belfry

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
After watching the highlights i can confirm my suspicion that steve smith isnt just quirky but is mentally ill. The guy has a few bats loose in the belfry
I'm tipping he's carving out a better life for himself than you are......so where on the spectrum does that place you????

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I will reiterate my laughing at everyone who thought the Aussies had suddenly "figured out" how to bat in the subcontinent