• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Spark

Global Moderator
Yep

Technique is all over the place and the fact that he’s continually reviewing balls which are crashing into the stumps tells you that he’s lost off stump

That one was absolutely plumb & Uzi should have sent him on his way
Smith when he was Bradman incarnate would still review plumb LBWs like that, wouldn't read anything into it tbh. Never thinks he's out

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
After this there's pretty much **** all meaningful cricket. So I don't think Matt Henry should be allowed to take a break till he gets anorher 7 :)

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not dropping the guy with a dozen Test match hundreds for a bloke who averages 30, come on now. This is recent form bias at its worst
Honestly Marsh and Green are the only 2 guys I'm backing atm. Smith probably has done enough too taking into account the 90*.

Think it's getting clear that the writing is on the wall for this batting line-up. They were lucky to get through this summer with just the 1 loss to WI IMO.

Khawaja's renaissance was fun but always had a short expiry. Looking like he's reached it, even when he scratches out a 40 it's been real hard work.
Labuschagne & Head have had lucky runs up until now and are starting to revert to form.
Carey's been crap with the bat, and Marsh has been very good but as you say looks like it could do downhill fast

If it were up to me I'd be radical and wipe the slate clean next summer. Tell the players that no one's spot is safe and the first few Shield rounds will decide everything (with incumbents given a little bit of leeway). No way this will happen though and obviously wouldn't work if there's not some Shield cricket scheduled before the Tests (or some bull**** ODIs/T20Is keeping the international players busy)

Spark

Global Moderator
TBH I didn't think Nortje actually bowled that well, lightning quick but often a bit short, and not sure why he was given the new ball over Jansen when he bowled much better when it was a bit older. Rabada's bowling was shameful and his series figures immensely flattering.
Probably because he was the only one who looked like he was having a proper go, as opposed to the filth Rabada was producing

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
If head doesn't get a run here and davies continues to tear up the shield for the rest of this season and the beginning of next could see davies coming in at some point during the border gavaskar.

Spark

Global Moderator
We need those guys to put up the performances at that level though. I mean Konstas for instance doesn't look that great technical. Trouble is we have only six teams and old fossils like Hughes clogging up the works.
Also re: the fossils. If CA had some spine they'd tell NSW to pick Ollie Davies at 3. No ifs, buts, or maybes, we need to have a proper look at how good he actually is.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Lol I do not think Green should be a Test #4. I know he got a big knock. But you have to be able to handle the new ball at times under pressure.