• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Flem274*

123/5
I like how offended Sears is that they're both still in haha. He thinks he's way better than them without the CV to show for it.

To think the confidence of this guy and Ravindra came from bloody Wellington Direbirds.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Two overs too many for Henry looks like?

Another slip in, if not a third man for Sears please.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honestly Marsh and Green are the only 2 guys I'm backing atm. Smith probably has done enough too taking into account the 90*.

Think it's getting clear that the writing is on the wall for this batting line-up. They were lucky to get through this summer with just the 1 loss to WI IMO.

Khawaja's renaissance was fun but always had a short expiry. Looking like he's reached it, even when he scratches out a 40 it's been real hard work.
Pakistan really should have won at least one test this summer. They had good positions at both Sydney and Melbourne but poor fielding and disgracefully irresponsible batting cost them. I know you can credit our bowling quite a bit as they are relentless when the batsmen cede the initiative, but Pakistan's reputation exists for a reason and I feel like they'd have done the same against 38-year-old Siddle. Overall I think this home season's results were unduly flattering to this Australian team.

Khawaja's run has been very good, and I argued that he should have been put in as opener when Bancroft was banned. But he's 37 now and bowlers have clearly cottoned onto his lack of front foot activity. I think if we got easier pitches he could go on longer, but the end is in sight.

It shouldn't be forgotten that the pitches this last summer were as difficult as they've ever been in Australia, with plenty of seam movement on offer throughout more or less every innings. The old bouncy road seems to have disappeared, Melbourne against SA was probably the most like a traditional Australian pitch we've has since before the 21/22 Ashes.

Flem274*

123/5
Almost at the 20 over mark, where I expect things to settle down. Counter attack tomorrow should be on, to both get Southee thinking runs and Southee and Kuggeleijn thinking about their bowling form.

Also Sears looks a bit like Max Verstappen.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Honestly Boult’s output was a bit patchy towards the end of the WTC 2021, and in the tests he played in 2022. Think the drive for tests had already gone.