• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like Cowan will end his brief career after this game. Can't see how you can keep picking an opener averaging less than 30 unless you are Bangladesh.

Ruckus

International Captain
edit: would probably give cowan a bit of a longer run though.
Yeah I would as well, but probably not that much longer. For someone who doesn't have the domestic record to back it up, I don't think you can afford to give them that much time if they are failing, especially given his age.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I would pick Khawaja out of those 3 Ruckus, but he really doesn't deserve it immediately. I don't think Cowan necessarily deserves any extra time since Khawaja and Marsh didn't get any longer. Of course Cowan could perform in the second dig..

Someone like Michael Klinger would probably perform better than Cowan and he's coming off a solid Shield year. At 31 though I would say he's not going to get an opportunity.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricinfail:

"Sammy reminds me of Daniel Vettori. Should bat higher but follows the Indian method of picking more batsmen that all rounders/bowlers" Brad, I will also have him bat at 6, and pick four frontline bowlers

Jager

International Debutant
Cricinfail:

"Sammy reminds me of Daniel Vettori. Should bat higher but follows the Indian method of picking more batsmen that all rounders/bowlers" Brad, I will also have him bat at 6, and pick four frontline bowlers
Sammy is most definitely not good enough to bat at 6. He could possibly pass at 7 if Baugh moved to 6, but that'd be a mistake in my eyes. Sammy honestly doesn't offer enough to the WI team to be selected in my opinion- not a great bowler, slogging, unreliable style of batting, absolutely atrocious slips and outfield catching.

Spikey

michael holding and ian bishop have been replaced in the commentary box by geoff lawson and nathan bracken

flibbertyjibber

staruss iirc
A career average over 40 after nearly 100 tests says you are way off the mark. To even compare Strauss with a guy like Cowan is clutching at a rather large straw.

Anyway, back to this match. Aussies will be happy enough with the start.

Last edited: