• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Spark

Global Moderator
looks like watto's out of the odi... that probably means either smith or mmarsh at 6, and either way leaves the batting looking a tad thin when you consider that hussey used to constantly bail us out/boost us from there.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
looks like watto's out of the odi... that probably means either smith or mmarsh at 6, and either way leaves the batting looking a tad thin when you consider that hussey used to constantly bail us out/boost us from there.
It will be a shock if they leave out Smith. He's just... there.

Sylvester

State Captain
Would explain why Cummins is able to swing it both ways at his pace not to mention has good control for a quick.

I would say Mitch Marsh or Smith would be at 7.

uvelocity

International Coach
Australia (probable) 1 Shaun Marsh, 2 David Warner, 3 Ricky Ponting, 4 Michael Clarke (capt), 5 Michael Hussey, 6 Mitchell Marsh, 7 Brad Haddin (wk), 8 Mitchell Johnson, 9 Pat Cummins, 10 Xavier Doherty, 11 Doug Bollinger.

Happy with that team

Sylvester

State Captain
Nice to have something to look forward to in our ODI side. Warner, one of Cummins/Pattinson and possible Mitch Marsh.

Spark

Global Moderator
perhaps, but surely the fact that smith is, at this stage, a much better cricketer should be a more important consideration. dunno.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if they plan to play smith as they always play him eg pretty much the exact opposite way he should be played then yeah i support marsh. smith isn't a big hitter and if he's not gonna get bowled...

Howe_zat

Audio File
Agree that MMarsh has noting but potential on his side, but I think if Watson's injury really messes up Clarke's bowling plans then he might need Mitch's seam ups to fill in, considering it's a short-term solution anyway with Watson. Makes sense to me.

Spark

Global Moderator
yeah that's the big counter-argument. i don't think you can really make a strong case for marsh on merit alone.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cummins to be pretty much the only 21st century player from a major country to take his first list a wicket in an ODI

aside from all those pesky batsmen