• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Spark

Global Moderator
Warner, Ponting, Clarke, Hussey, Smith, Haddin, M.Marsh, Johnson, Doherty, Bollinger, Cummins, Pattinson (12)
So Watson injured. SMarsh too, I assume.

To say that batting looks thin is an alarming understatement. Gonna need quite a few runs from the big three...

uvelocity

International Coach
2 new balls? I assumed that was just a domestic thing. not a fan of such a fundamental change. Double the length of time of new ball.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lol. Sky's coverage opens with the obligatory mention of Edgbaston in 99.

No Tahir for SA. Interesting. Gah, Colville says the Saffers are going with one spinner. Not like Du Plessis or Duminy bowl slow, is it?

Jayzamann

International Regular
"The other new ball"

Is that seriously happening now? I thought it was just for the WI-Bangers ODIs.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nice looking cover drive from the young fella there. Steyn too wide and pays the price.

Warner has a better technique than Hughes or Usman: discuss.

Spark

Global Moderator
Nice start but saffers have been generous. No ball helps.

edit: never mind.

Last edited:

Jayzamann

International Regular
Ehhh I'll hold my judgement until after this series when I've seen it happen. No ball change at 34 would be different.

Waiiiit that means the batting powerplay has to be taken earlier as well, ey?